Meet the Pediatric Cardiac Outpatient Program Team
The Norton Children’s Heart Institute Pediatric Cardiac Outpatient Program care team includes highly skilled provider in pediatric heart care from Norton Children’s and UofL Physicians. Our team includes specialists from many fields in addition to heart care, including psychologists, infectious diseases and more. Your child will receive care focused on overall health and wellness — not just a heart condition.
Meet the pediatric cardiac outpatient team
- Brian J. Holland, M.D., FAAP, FACC (Chief, Pediatric Cardiology)
- Fred W. Arensman, M.D.
- James W. Boone, M.D.
- Smitha Bullock, M.D., MBA
- Bradley B. Keller, M.D., FAAP
- Jyothi Matta, M.D., FAAP
- Roddy McDowell Jr., M.D.
- Delwyn E. McOmber, M.D.
- Ashley E. Neal, M.D., FAAP
- Walter L. Sobczyk, M.D., FAAP, FACC
- Lucinda T. Wright, M.D., FAAP, FACC
- Kyle A. Combs, MSN, APRN, FNP-C
- Ashley J. Rhinehart, MSN, APRN, FNP
Why choose Norton Children’s Heart Institute
No other congenital heart surgery program in Kentucky, Ohio or Southern Indiana is ranked higher by the Society of Thoracic Surgeons than the Norton Children’s Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery Program.
- Norton Children’s Hospital has been a pioneer in pediatric cardiothoracic surgery, performing Kentucky’s first pediatric heart transplant in 1986 and becoming the second site in the United States to perform an infant heart transplant.
- Our board-certified and fellowship-trained pediatric cardiovascular surgeons are leaders in the field as clinicians and researchers.
- More than 5,000 children a year visit Norton Children’s Heart Institute, affiliated with the University of Louisville, for advanced heart care.
- Norton Children’s Heart Institute successfully performs more than 17,500 procedures a year.
- The Society of Thoracic Surgeons ranked Norton Children’s Heart Institute among the best in the region after studying years of our patients’ outcomes and our ability to handle a range of pediatric heart conditions, including the most severe.
- Norton Children’s Heart Institute has satellite outpatient centers in Bowling Green, Frankfort, Owensboro and Paducah; 28 tele-echocardiography locations in Kentucky and Southern Indiana; and six fetal echocardiography locations across Kentucky.
- The American Board of Thoracic Surgery has certified the cardiothoracic surgeons at Norton Children’s Hospital with subspecialty certification in congenital heart surgery.
- The Jennifer Lawrence Cardiac Intensive Care Unit is under construction to give our patients the most advanced care available.
- Our multidisciplinary approach to pediatric heart surgery brings together our specialists in cardiothoracic surgery, cardiology, anesthesiology, cardiac critical care and other areas to create a complete care plan tailored for your child.
Norton Children’s Heart Institute
Call for an appointment
Holiday giving season is officially upon us! There are plenty of ways you can support children who need your help. Donations to the not-for-profit Children’s Hospital Foundation support Norton Children’s Hospital and may be tax […]Read Full Story
Walter L. Sobczyk, M.D., pediatric cardiologist with Norton Children’s Heart Institute, affiliated with the University of Louisville, has treated hundreds of children born with life-threatening heart abnormalities. Thanks to advances in surgery and treatment over […]Read Full Story
The Festival of Trees & Lights is celebrating 30 years of sharing holiday cheer and raising funds for technology and exceptional care at Norton Children’s Hospital. To help you get the most out of your […]Read Full Story
The Snow Ball, one of the largest annual fundraisers for Norton Children’s Hospital, will be held Saturday, Nov. 23, at the Omni Louisville Hotel. This black tie event is now in its 30th year and, […]Read Full Story