Meet the Team
At Norton Children’s Heart Institute, our cardiothoracic surgeons, pediatric cardiologists, children’s heart specialists and other highly trained caregivers have the expertise, training and equipment to give the treatment your child deserves.
Our team of board-certified and fellowship-trained physicians are experienced treating all children’s heart problems.
The Society of Thoracic Surgeons has ranked Norton Children’s Heart Institute’s pediatric heart care among the best in the region. We provide a network of remote diagnostic and treatment services in Kentucky, including Frankfort, Bowling Green, Owensboro and Paducah. Our Southern Indiana locations stretch from Madisonville to Evansville and include New Albany and Corydon.
Your child can stay close to home for quality care.
- Bahaaldin Alsoufi, M.D. (Chief, Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgery)
- Erle H. Austin, M.D.
- Deborah J. Kozik, D.O.
- Cindy Baker, PA-C
- Ann Lorimer, PA-C
General pediatric cardiologists
- Fred W. Arensman, M.D.
- James W. Boone, M.D.
- Smitha Bullock, M.D., MBA
- Brian J. Holland, M.D., FAAP, FACC (Chief, Pediatric Cardiology)
- Bradley B. Keller, M.D., FAAP
- Jyothi Matta, M.D., FAAP
- Roddy McDowell Jr., M.D.
- Delwyn E. McOmber, M.D.
- Ashley E. Neal, M.D., FAAP
- Walter L. Sobczyk, M.D., FAAP, FACC
- Lucinda T. Wright, M.D., FAAP, FACC
- Kyle A. Combs, MSN, APRN, FNP-C
- Ashley J. Rhinehart, MSN, APRN, FNP
Adult congenital heart disease
- Bradley B. Keller, M.D., FAAP (Co-medical director)
- Walter L. Sobczyk, M.D., FAAP, FACC (Co-medical director)
- Dana Fentress, MSN, APRN, FNP-C
- Cheryl Smith, R.N., BSN
Fetal Heart Team
- Brian J. Holland, M.D., FAAP, FACC
- Jyothi Matta, M.D., FAAP
- Lucinda T. Wright, M.D., FAAP, FACC (Medical director)
Heart failure and heart transplant
- Joshua Sparks, M.D. (Medical director)
- Cassie Blandford, BSN, R.N., CCRN
- Mary T. Massey, APRN, MSN, FNP-C, CCTC, CPN
- Jennifer D. Thomas, DNP, R.N., CCRN (Transplant administrator)
Outreach and telemedicine
Pediatric and adult congenital cardiac catheterization
- Edward Sang-Hyon Kim, M.D., FAAP, FACC (Medical director)
- Ryan A. Leahy, M.D., M.S. (Medical director, Heart Board)
Pediatric and adult congenital electrophysiology
- Christopher L. Johnsrude, M.D., M.S., FAAP, FACC (Medical director)
- Kelvin C. Lau, M.D., MPH, FHRS
- Barbara Russell, RN-C
Pediatric cardiac anesthesia
- David J. Brenneman, M.D., MBA
- Walter Rose, D.O. (Medical director, Pediatric Cardiac Anesthesia)
- Ryan Swain, M.D.
- Nadine VanWyk, M.D.
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
- John W. Berkenbosch, M.D., FAAP, FCCM
- Aaron W. Calhoun, M.D., FAAP, FSSH
- Christine R. Bailey, M.D., FAAP
- Natalie S. Henderson, M.D.
- Mark J. McDonald, M.D., CPE, FAAP (Medical director, Norton Children’s Hospital and Norton Children’s Medical Center)
- Vicki L. Montgomery, M.D., FAAP, FCCM (Chief, Division of Pediatric Critical Care)
- Karen L. Orman, M.D., FAAP (Medical director, “Just for Kids” Transport Team)
- Erin B. Owen, M.D., FAAP
- Eleanor B. Peterson, M.D., FAAP
- Melissa B. Porter, M.D., FAAP (Medical director, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit)
- Katherine E. Potter, M.D., M.Ed., FAAP, FCCM
- Michael D. Ruppe, M.D., FAAP
- Mary K. Sandquist, M.D., FAAP
- Janice E. Sullivan, M.D., FAAP, FCCM (Chief, Division of Pediatric Clinical and Translational Research)
- Deanna R. Todd Tzanetos, M.D., MSCI, FAAP (Medical director, Cardiac Intensive Care Unit)
- Sara E. Aldridge, APRN-PC/AC
- Alecia S. Cline, APRN-PC
- Misty D. Ellis, DNP, APRN-PC/AC
- Debbie L. Farrell, APRN-PC/AC
- Jodie Lynn Hignite, APRN-FNP/AC
- Amelia C. Lewis, APRN-AC
- Emily M. McRae, APRN-PC/AC
- Jessica Storch, APRN-AC
- Trevor Church, CCP
- Olivia Isaacs, CCP
- Ray Keijner, CCP
- Vince F. Olshove Jr., CCP, FPP (Chief, Pediatric Perfusion)
- Stacey Ousley, CCP
Cardiovascular nurse clinicians
- Renae L. Akins, R.N.
- Violet A. Carey, R.N.
- Hope Hodges, R.N., BSN
Heart Institute management and care team
- Teresa Bacon, R.N., A.N.D. (Care Manager)
- Lisa M. Baker, BSN, R.N. (Supervisor, Invasive Cardiology)
- Enitan Bethel, MSW (Social Services)
- Jenna Blyth, MS, CCC-SLP (Speech Therapy)
- Sara Chandler, R.D., L.D. (Dietitian)
- Stephanie Cline, R.N., BSN, CHPPN (Palliative Care, Hearts & Hands Care Team)
- Heather Damhoff, PharmD. (CICU Clinical Pharmacy Specialist)
- Allison Fears, MS,CCC-SLP (Speech Therapy)
- Stacy L. Flanders, DNP, R.N., CCRN-K, NE-BC (Nurse manager, Cardiac Intensive Care Unit)
- Jessie Gordon, M.Ed., CCLS, CIMI (Child Life)
- Robin Gowin, MS, CCC-SLP (Speech Therapy)
- Stacie Hartlage, R.N., BSN (Norton Children’s Heart Institute Nurse Navigator)
- Christy Henry, RN, BSN, CHPPN (Palliative Care, Hearts & Hands Care Team)
- Michelle Hicks, OTR/L, CNT (Occupational Therapy)
- Mary Jo McIver, BSN, R.N. (Assistant nurse manager, Cardiovascular Surgery)
- Rose Pasqualini, BHS, RRT (Director, Norton Children’s Heart Institute)
- Jackie Pollard, MS, CCC-SLP (Speech Therapy)
- Nancy Marshall, PT, DPT (Physical Therapy)
- Crissy Merideth, PT (Physical Therapy)
- Jo Scroggin, PT, DPT (Physical Therapy)
- Teka Siebenaler, MPH, RRT (Manager, ECMO and VAD)
- Susan Skutt, RN, BSN (Care Manager)
- Amy Stiles, OTR/L (Occupational Therapy)
- Dana J. Thompson, B.S., RDCS, CCT (Manager, Non-Invasive Cardiology)
- Kristy Trimble, OTR/L (Occupational Therapy)
Norton Children’s Heart Institute
Norton Children’s Heart Institute at Norton Children’s Hospital
231 E. Chestnut St.
Louisville, KY 40201
For more information on services or to schedule an appointment with the Norton Children’s Heart Institute:
The 10th annual Bourbon & Bowties celebrated all of the event’s honorees from the past nine years. Each of these remarkable honorees represents the more than 150,000 children who receive care at Norton Children’s Hospital […]Read Full Story
Walmart Inc. has announced it will commit the next $3 million it raises in the Louisville area to support the Norton Children’s Hospital “Just for Kids” Critical Care Center. This amount, which will be given […]Read Full Story
The students of North Harrison Elementary School in Ramsey, Indiana, raised $39,543.53 for Norton Children’s during the 2018-2019 school year and celebrated with a fun-filled field trip to Louisville Slugger Field on May 15, 2019. […]Read Full Story