Meet the Team
At Norton Children’s Heart Institute, our cardiothoracic surgeons, pediatric cardiologists, children’s heart specialists and other highly trained caregivers have the expertise, training and equipment to give the treatment your child deserves.
Our team of board-certified and fellowship-trained physicians are experienced treating all children’s heart problems.
The Society of Thoracic Surgeons has ranked Norton Children’s Heart Institute’s pediatric heart care among the best in the region. We provide a network of remote diagnostic and treatment services in Kentucky, including Frankfort, Bowling Green, Owensboro and Paducah. Our Southern Indiana locations stretch from Madisonville to Evansville and include New Albany and Corydon.
- Bahaaldin Alsoufi, M.D. (Chief, Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgery)
- Erle H. Austin, M.D.
- Deborah J. Kozik, D.O.
- Cindy Baker, PA-C
- Ann Lorimer, PA-C
General pediatric cardiologists
- Fred W. Arensman, M.D.
- James W. Boone, M.D.
- Smitha Bullock, M.D., MBA
- Brian J. Holland, M.D., FAAP, FACC (Chief, Pediatric Cardiology)
- Bradley B. Keller, M.D., FAAP
- Jyothi Matta, M.D., FAAP
- Roddy McDowell Jr., M.D.
- Delwyn E. McOmber, M.D.
- Ashley E. Neal, M.D., FAAP
- Walter L. Sobczyk, M.D., FAAP, FACC
- Lucinda T. Wright, M.D., FAAP, FACC
- Kyle A. Combs, MSN, APRN, FNP-C
- Ashley J. Rhinehart, MSN, APRN, FNP
Adult congenital heart disease
- Bradley B. Keller, M.D., FAAP (Co-medical director)
- Walter L. Sobczyk, M.D., FAAP, FACC (Co-medical director)
- Dana Fentress, MSN, APRN, FNP-C
- Cheryl Smith, R.N., BSN
Fetal Heart Team
- Brian J. Holland, M.D., FAAP, FACC
- Jyothi Matta, M.D., FAAP
- Lucinda T. Wright, M.D., FAAP, FACC (Medical director)
Heart failure and heart transplant
- Joshua Sparks, M.D. (Medical director)
- Cassie Blandford, BSN, R.N., CCRN
- Mary T. Massey, APRN, MSN, FNP-C, CCTC, CPN
- Jennifer D. Thomas, DNP, R.N., CCRN (Transplant administrator)
Outreach and telemedicine
Pediatric and adult congenital cardiac catheterization
- Edward Sang-Hyon Kim, M.D., FAAP, FACC (Medical director)
- Ryan A. Leahy, M.D., M.S. (Medical director, Heart Board)
Pediatric and adult congenital electrophysiology
- Christopher L. Johnsrude, M.D., M.S., FAAP, FACC (Medical director)
- Kelvin C. Lau, M.D., MPH, FHRS
- Barbara Russell, RN-C
Pediatric cardiac anesthesia
- David J. Brenneman, M.D., MBA
- Walter Rose, D.O. (Medical director, Pediatric Cardiac Anesthesia)
- Ryan Swain, M.D.
- Nadine VanWyk, M.D.
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
- John W. Berkenbosch, M.D., FAAP, FCCM
- Aaron W. Calhoun, M.D., FAAP, FSSH
- Christine R. Bailey, M.D., FAAP
- Natalie S. Henderson, M.D.
- Mark J. McDonald, M.D., CPE, FAAP (Medical director, Norton Children’s Hospital and Norton Children’s Medical Center)
- Vicki L. Montgomery, M.D., FAAP, FCCM (Chief, Division of Pediatric Critical Care)
- Karen L. Orman, M.D., FAAP (Medical director, “Just for Kids” Transport Team)
- Erin B. Owen, M.D., FAAP
- Eleanor B. Peterson, M.D., FAAP
- Melissa B. Porter, M.D., FAAP (Medical director, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit)
- Katherine E. Potter, M.D., M.Ed., FAAP, FCCM
- Michael D. Ruppe, M.D., FAAP
- Mary K. Sandquist, M.D., FAAP
- Janice E. Sullivan, M.D., FAAP, FCCM (Chief, Division of Pediatric Clinical and Translational Research)
- Deanna R. Todd Tzanetos, M.D., MSCI, FAAP (Medical director, Cardiac Intensive Care Unit)
- Sara E. Aldridge, APRN-PC/AC
- Alecia S. Cline, APRN-PC
- Misty D. Ellis, DNP, APRN-PC/AC
- Debbie L. Farrell, APRN-PC/AC
- Jodie Lynn Hignite, APRN-FNP/AC
- Amelia C. Lewis, APRN-AC
- Emily M. McRae, APRN-PC/AC
- Jessica Storch, APRN-AC
- Trevor Church, CCP
- Olivia Isaacs, CCP
- Ray Keijner, CCP
- Vince F. Olshove Jr., CCP, FPP (Chief, Pediatric Perfusion)
- Stacey Ousley, CCP
Cardiovascular nurse clinicians
- Renae L. Akins, R.N.
- Violet A. Carey, R.N.
- Hope Hodges, R.N., BSN
Heart Institute management and care team
- Teresa Bacon, R.N., A.N.D. (Care Manager)
- Lisa M. Baker, BSN, R.N. (Supervisor, Invasive Cardiology)
- Enitan Bethel, MSW (Social Services)
- Jenna Blyth, MS, CCC-SLP (Speech Therapy)
- Sara Chandler, R.D., L.D. (Dietitian)
- Stephanie Cline, R.N., BSN, CHPPN (Palliative Care, Hearts & Hands Care Team)
- Heather Damhoff, PharmD. (CICU Clinical Pharmacy Specialist)
- Allison Fears, MS,CCC-SLP (Speech Therapy)
- Stacy L. Flanders, DNP, R.N., CCRN-K, NE-BC (Nurse manager, Cardiac Intensive Care Unit)
- Jessie Gordon, M.Ed., CCLS, CIMI (Child Life)
- Robin Gowin, MS, CCC-SLP (Speech Therapy)
- Stacie Hartlage, R.N., BSN (Norton Children’s Heart Institute Nurse Navigator)
- Christy Henry, RN, BSN, CHPPN (Palliative Care, Hearts & Hands Care Team)
- Michelle Hicks, OTR/L, CNT (Occupational Therapy)
- Mary Jo McIver, BSN, R.N. (Assistant nurse manager, Cardiovascular Surgery)
- Rose Pasqualini, BHS, RRT (Director, Norton Children’s Heart Institute)
- Jackie Pollard, MS, CCC-SLP (Speech Therapy)
- Nancy Marshall, PT, DPT (Physical Therapy)
- Crissy Merideth, PT (Physical Therapy)
- Jo Scroggin, PT, DPT (Physical Therapy)
- Teka Siebenaler, MPH, RRT (Manager, ECMO and VAD)
- Susan Skutt, RN, BSN (Care Manager)
- Amy Stiles, OTR/L (Occupational Therapy)
- Dana J. Thompson, B.S., RDCS, CCT (Manager, Non-Invasive Cardiology)
- Kristy Trimble, OTR/L (Occupational Therapy)
Norton Children’s Heart Institute
Norton Children’s Heart Institute at Norton Children’s Hospital
231 E. Chestnut St.
Louisville, KY 40201
Norton Children’s Heart Institute
Call for an appointment
Three-year-old Apphia Rosenthal started a regular day last summer eating eggs and chatting with her parents. She was excited about what color glasses she would choose if she needed them (she was thinking something in […]Read Full Story
We often give reminders to our kids and family members about washing their hands. After all, it’s a do-it-yourself vaccine that can help prevent flu and other disease, and keep infections at bay. Did you […]Read Full Story
Kids with leukemia in the Louisville area soon will be able to get the next big advance in treatment, a revolutionary immunotherapy known as CAR-T (chimeric antigen receptor T cells) therapy. In CAR-T therapy, a […]Read Full Story
Thanks to a new collaboration between Norton Healthcare and Jefferson County Public Schools, students at three schools have access to online medical care while at school. The pilot School-based Telemedicine Program allows a child to […]Read Full Story