Norton Children’s Urology
The Norton Children’s difference
At Norton Children’s in Louisville, our pediatric urologists bring outstanding care, dedication and expertise to the diagnosis and treatment of pediatric urological conditions. Here you will find the kind of urological care that you and your child can trust. Our staff physicians are fellowship trained in pediatric and adolescent urology specialty care. They have the expertise to provide specialized urological care for newborns to teens up to age 18.
We have state-of-the-art equipment, including urodynamic testing equipment and a full line of infant and pediatric endoscopic/cytoscopic equipment that is unavailable elsewhere in Louisville. We also are able to provide sedation.
As a parent, you will appreciate the skill, respect and sensitivity our staff brings to caring for your child’s urological needs.
Collaborating with University of Louisville Physicians for your care
Norton Children’s works with providers from UofL Physicians to provide the best possible urological care for your child. These doctors are professors and active researchers helping advance medical care in the 21st century with clinical research and education. Norton Children’s Hospital serves as the primary pediatric teaching facility for the University of Louisville School of Medicine.
We treat all pediatric urological conditions
From bedwetting to kidney transplants, we provide comprehensive care for pediatric urological conditions including congenital kidney, bladder, penis and testicle conditions. Some common issues we treat include:
- Bladder exstrophy
- Hypospadias / epispadias
- In-office circumcision for newborns
- Kidney blockage
- Kidney stones
- Recurrent urinary tract infections
- Urinary tract infections/hematuria
- Undescended testicles/Hernia
- Ureteropelvic junction obstruction
- Vesicoureteral reflux
- Voiding problems (daytime wetting, nocturnal enuresis)
Special services, equipment and capabilities include:
- State-of-the-art urodynamic testing equipment, which allows us to diagnose and more accurately treat many bladder abnormalities
- Full line of infant and pediatric endoscopic/cytoscopic equipment, unavailable elsewhere in Louisville.
- Counseling topregnant women with children prenatally diagnosed with kidney abnormalities.
- Urodynamic evaluation
- Biofeedback training
- Management of end-stage renal disease (ESRD)
- Peritoneal dialysis and hemodialysis
- Kidney transplantation
- Renal biopsies
Call for More Information
Norton Children’s Prevention & Wellness, with support from Kohl’s Cares, offers wellness workshops and classes for the whole family throughout the year. Our wellness specialists team up with community organizations like Healthy House and Shively […]Read Full Story
Hey there! My name is Eleanor and I’m 8 years old. I love drawing and art. I also really like to play with Legos with my little sister. I’m in the second grade, and the […]Read Full Story
Your child has an accident and your pediatrician’s office is closed; or maybe you’re traveling. When your child needs emergency care, it’s tempting to go to the closest hospital or immediate care center so he […]Read Full Story