Norton Children’s Pulmonology
Norton Children’s board-certified pulmonologists — also known as chest or respiratory medicine specialists — are nationally respected for their expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of a wide variety of children’s pulmonary disorders.
Pulmonary services at Norton Children’s Hospital include consultation, diagnostic testing and comprehensive care for infants, children and teens with acute and chronic pulmonary diseases.
Children’s Lung Specialists
Norton Children’s pulmonary specialists are board certified by the American Board of Pediatrics.
Our Cystic Fibrosis Center is one of five centers in the United States designated as a benchmark facility for the treatment of cystic fibrosis (CF). The CF Center is accredited by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. National data shows that CF children at Norton Children’s Hospital have better than average lung function.
The Norton Children’s Hospital laboratory has one of the region’s only infant pulmonary function testing systems, making it a leader in the field of infant and toddler diagnostic pulmonary testing.
Pulmomary Conditions We Treat
Norton Children’s pulmonologists develop individualized treatment plans and therapies for conditions including:
- Bronchopulmonary dysplasia
- Chronic lung disease
- Cystic fibrosis
- Infantile wheeze
- Interstitial lung disease
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Pulmonary mycosis
- Upper airway obstruction
Why Choose Norton Children’s for Your Child’s Pulmonology care?
- Our pulmonary services are recommended by the American Board of Pediatrics, the American Academy of Pediatrics and the American Thoracic Society.
- Our Cystic Fibrosis Center is one of five centers in the United States designated as a benchmark facility for the treatment of CF.
- Our CF Center is accredited by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. According to a national audit, patients treated at Norton Children’s Hospital have better than average lung function.
- The Norton Children’s Hospital laboratory has one of the region’s only infant pulmonary function testing systems, making it a leader in the field of infant and toddler diagnostic pulmonary testing.
We are a national leader in pulmonary function testing.
Norton Children’s Pulmonology
Call for More Information
Three-year-old Apphia Rosenthal started a regular day last summer eating eggs and chatting with her parents. She was excited about what color glasses she would choose if she needed them (she was thinking something in […]Read Full Story
We often give reminders to our kids and family members about washing their hands. After all, it’s a do-it-yourself vaccine that can help prevent flu and other disease, and keep infections at bay. Did you […]Read Full Story
Kids with leukemia in the Louisville area soon will be able to get the next big advance in treatment, a revolutionary immunotherapy known as CAR-T (chimeric antigen receptor T cells) therapy. In CAR-T therapy, a […]Read Full Story
Thanks to a new collaboration between Norton Healthcare and Jefferson County Public Schools, students at three schools have access to online medical care while at school. The pilot School-based Telemedicine Program allows a child to […]Read Full Story