The board-certified pulmonologists, also known as chest or respiratory medicine specialists, with Norton Children’s Pulmonology, affiliated with the UofL School of Medicine, are nationally respected for their expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of a wide variety of children’s pulmonary disorders.
Pulmonology services at Norton Children’s Hospital include consultation, diagnostic testing and comprehensive care for infants, children and teens with acute and chronic pulmonary diseases.
Children’s Lung Specialists
Our pulmonary specialists are board certified by the American Board of Pediatrics.
The CF Center is accredited by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. National data shows that children with CF treated at Norton Children’s Hospital have better than average lung function.
The Norton Children’s Hospital laboratory has one of the region’s only infant pulmonary function testing systems, making it a leader in the field of infant and toddler diagnostic pulmonary testing.
Pulmonary Conditions We Treat
Norton Children’s pulmonologists develop individualized treatment plans and therapies for conditions including:
- Bronchopulmonary dysplasia
- Chronic lung disease
- Cystic fibrosis
- Infantile wheeze
- Interstitial lung disease
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Pulmonary mycosis
- Upper airway obstruction
Collaboration with UofL School of Medicine for Your Child’s Care
Our providers offer highly skilled care for your child. Norton Children’s Hospital serves as the primary pediatric teaching facility for the University of Louisville School of Medicine. These doctors are professors and active researchers helping to advance medical care through clinical research and education.
The Norton Children’s Difference
Our board-certified, fellowship-trained pediatric pulmonologists and professional staff provide compassionate care to diagnose and treat children with pulmonary conditions. As pulmonary conditions can affect other parts of the body, your child will have access to the comprehensive array of specialists at Norton Children’s with the convenience of integrated care right in the heart of Louisville.
- Norton Children’s Hospital – The region’s only full-service, free-standing pediatric hospital and Louisville’s only Level I Pediatric Trauma Center. Norton Children’s Hospital also has one of the largest Level IV (highest level) neonatal intensive care units in the country.
- Numerous regional outpatient centers and extensive pediatrician and pediatric specialist offices throughout the area.
- Norton Women’s & Children’s Hospital – The only women’s hospital in Louisville, providing care dedicated to the needs of women and children.
- Norton Children’s Medical Center – A unique regional outpatient facility designed “Just for Kids,” bringing pediatric care to northeastern Jefferson County and the surrounding area.