Children require specialized health care. Norton Children’s Radiology, a part of Norton Children’s Medical Associates, offers routine and advanced diagnostic imaging and radiology services using the latest equipment and techniques designed and adapted for use in children.
Medical tests can be intimidating, especially for children. Our group is fully dedicated to offering imaging services for children, as well as adults with congenital conditions, in a child-friendly environment. Our goal is to put your child at ease and obtain the highest-quality images possible in order to help your doctor care for your child.
Norton Children’s Hospital and Norton Children’s Medical Center are accredited incomputed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and ultrasoundby the American College of Radiology (ACR). ACR accreditation is recognized as the gold standard in medical imaging.
Diagnostic imaging and radiology services
We provide a full range of diagnostic imaging and radiology services that can help diagnose a child’s condition.
Using the most up-to-date equipment and procedures designed “Just for Kids,” our radiologists are able to maintain radiation exposure at extremely low levels. In many cases we are able to use ultrasound and MRI, which does not involve any radiation exposure.
Our care team
Meet the Norton Children’s pediatric radiologists
The Norton Children’s difference
Families have access to a wide range of specialties through Norton Children’s extensive network of primary and specialty care practices. Services are available at Norton Children’s Hospital (the region’s only full-service, free-standing pediatric hospital), Norton Children’s Medical Center (the only pediatric outpatient center of its type in Kentucky) and Norton Women’s & Children’s Hospital in St. Matthews (offering pediatric emergency care, a pediatric surgery center, inpatient care and an expanded neonatal intensive care unit).
Norton Children’s Medical Center has a pediatric diagnostic imaging center featuring a full complement of imaging services, including MRI, CT, X-ray, fluoroscopy and ultrasound, along with a full-service laboratory.
Norton Children’s Radiology offers:
- Board-certified, fellowship-trained pediatric radiologists specially trained to conduct all aspects of radiology exams in pediatric patients and older patients with chronic congenital conditions. We are a leader in pediatric radiology experience and specialization.
- Board-certified pediatric anesthesiologists are available to provide sedation or anesthesia before imaging tests, as needed. Our highly experienced technologists and staff are fully dedicated to working with children without sedation whenever possible. We also use child life specialists when possible to provide additional help in performing an exam without sedation.
- A child-friendly environment to reduce anxiety prior to an imaging exam. This includes music, special lighting, videos, stickers, toys and lots of friendly smiles!
- Advanced imaging technology at Norton Children’s Hospital includes:
- Two MRIs and one 3T MRI machine
- Single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) scanner
- Two 256-slice CT scanners
- Biplane interventional suite
- FerriScan for liver or cardiac iron quantification
- Fluoroscopy equipment
- Advanced cardiac imaging (CT and MRI) to help diagnose and evaluate children and adults with congenital heart disease
- Ultrasound elastography to evaluate for chronic liver conditions
- Digital X-ray machines that use minimal radiation compared with older machines
Call for More Information
Norton Children’s Radiology
Call for an appointment
Anesthesia and sedation for children is safer than it has ever been, thanks to advances in clinician training as well as safer medications. Anesthesia and sedation make it possible for sick babies, children and teens […]Read Full Story
Germany had more than 300 drownings in the summer of 2018. The German Lifeguard Association (DLRG), the world’s largest lifeguard organization, issued a warning to parents in response: There is a direct link between being distracted by […]Read Full Story
Overuse of antibiotics is a worldwide problem, reducing the drug’s effectiveness and making serious bacterial infections resistant to treatment. For its efforts to improve antibiotic prescribing, Norton Children’s Hospital has been named an Antimicrobial Stewardship […]Read Full Story