Norton Children’s Allergy and Immunology
Louisville, Kentucky, is not an easy place to live with asthma or allergies. The Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America lists Louisville as a top 5 “Allergy Capital” year after year for spring and fall allergies. Norton Children’s offers allergy and immunology care for children and teens. Our board-certified allergy and immunology physicians provide the testing, diagnosis and treatment your child needs to manage symptoms and feel better.
Collaboration with UofL Physicians for Your Child’s Care
We work with providers from UofL Physicians to offer highly skilled care for your child. Norton Children’s Hospital serves as the primary pediatric teaching facility for the University of Louisville School of Medicine. These doctors are professors and active researchers helping to advance medical care through clinical research and education.
When Should Your Child See a Pediatric Allergist?
Your child may need to see a board-certified allergy and immunology specialist if:
- Your child has chronic sinus infections, nasal congestion or difficulty breathing.
- Your child has hay fever (runny nose and watery eyes) or other allergy symptoms several months out of the year.
- You’ve tried antihistamines and over-the-counter medications, but they do not control your child’s allergy symptoms.
- Your child’s asthma or allergies are interfering with their ability to function at school and activities.
- Your child has asthma symptoms, such as:
- Difficulty catching their breath
- Wheezing or coughing, especially at night or after play or exercise
- Frequently short of breath or has tightness in the chest
- Frequent asthma attacks even though he or she is taking asthma medication