Allergy and Immunology
Norton Children’s Allergy & Immunology, affiliated with the UofL School of Medicine, offers allergy and immunology care for children and teens. Our board-certified allergy and immunology physicians provide the testing, diagnosis and treatment your child needs for allergy and immunology conditions.
When Should Your Child See a Pediatric Allergist?
Louisville, Kentucky, is not an easy place to live with asthma or allergies. The Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America lists Louisville in the top 25 “Allergy Capitals” year after year for spring and fall allergies. Your child may need to see a board-certified allergy and immunology specialist if:
- Your child has chronic sinus infections, nasal congestion or difficulty breathing.
- Your child has hay fever (runny nose and watery eyes) or other allergy symptoms several months out of the year.
- You’ve tried antihistamines and over-the-counter medications, but they do not control your child’s allergy symptoms.
- Your child’s asthma or allergies are interfering with their ability to function at school and activities.
- Your child has asthma symptoms, such as:
- Difficulty catching their breath
- Wheezing or coughing, especially at night or after play or exercise
- Frequently short of breath or has tightness in the chest
- Frequent asthma attacks even though he or she is taking asthma medication
Norton Children’s Allergy & Immunology provides personalized, sensitive care to children and teens with immune deficiencies. Our physicians and provider team work with families to educate and provide comprehensive immunotherapies. We provide advanced therapies for the nearly 150 primary immune deficiency diseases.
Collaboration with UofL School of Medicine for Your Child’s Care
Our providers offer highly skilled care for your child. Norton Children’s Hospital serves as the primary pediatric teaching facility for the University of Louisville School of Medicine. These doctors are professors and active researchers helping to advance medical care through clinical research and education.
Norton Children’s Allergy & Immunology
Call for More Information