The Norton Children’s Cystic Fibrosis Program offers cystic fibrosis (CF) care that treats the whole child and family. Our CF multidisciplinary team is committed to providing high-quality, effective, patient-centered care in partnership with the patient, family and community.
Who Works on My Child’s Cystic Fibrosis Care Team?
- Diagnoses, constructs unique and comprehensive care plans, and manages all aspects of care
- Provides instruction on proper airway clearance techniques, including chest physiotherapy
- Obtains pulmonary function testing and sputum cultures at each visit
- Obtains a comprehensive dietary history, including gastrointestinal concerns
- Works with the physician to implement a nutrition regimen, including use of vitamins and supplements
- Counsels the family regarding good nutrition practices, including blood sugar control
- Provides assessments and counseling to children and families regarding the social and behavioral aspects of CF
- Supports family-centered care to provide optimal management of CF.
CF nurse navigator
- Advocates to help families with insurance, employment, scheduling appointments, etc.
- Provides counseling regarding all aspects of medication management
- Advocates for reimbursement and insurance approvals of medications