Pediatric Cardiac Outpatient Program
Norton Children’s Heart Institute, affiliated with the University of Louisville, is the leading provider of pediatric heart care in Louisville, Southern Indiana and across Kentucky. Our Pediatric Cardiac Outpatient Program helps children with heart conditions and their families receive the care and education they need to be successful after they leave the hospital.
Norton Children’s Heart Institute has satellite outpatient centers throughout Kentucky. These are located in Bowling Green, Frankfort, Owensboro and Paducah. We also have 28 tele-echocardiography locations in Kentucky and Southern Indiana and six fetal echocardiography locations across Kentucky.
Collaborative care that keeps you in Kentucky
Our pediatric cardiac outpatient team works closely with other physicians and programs within Norton Children’s Heart Institute. We will not send you out of state for care — our team performs all diagnostic testing, surgeries and follow-up care at Norton Children’s Hospital.
The right kind of care for you
Our providers from Norton Children’s Heart Institute and UofL Physicians are skilled at treating heart conditions in children. You can draw strength, comfort and confidence from our highly trained specialists, including:
- Pediatric cardiothoracic surgeons
- Pediatric transplant surgeons
- Pediatric cardiologists
- Fetal cardiologists
- Adult congenital heart cardiologists
- Heart failure/heart transplant cardiologists
- Pediatric cardiac catheterization cardiologists
- Pediatric electrophysiologists
- Pediatric critical care physicians
- Cardiovascular anesthesiologists
- Cardiac critical care nurses
- Cardiac nurse practitioners
- Critical care pharmacists
- Child life specialists
- Diagnostic imaging specialists
- Family support team
- Genetic counselors
- Social workers
Why choose Norton Children’s Heart Institute
No other congenital heart surgery program in Kentucky, Ohio or Southern Indiana is ranked higher by the Society of Thoracic Surgeons than the Norton Children’s Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery Program.
- Norton Children’s Hospital has been a pioneer in pediatric cardiothoracic surgery, performing Kentucky’s first pediatric heart transplant in 1986 and becoming the second site in the United States to perform an infant heart transplant.
- Our board-certified and fellowship-trained pediatric cardiovascular surgeons are leaders in the field as clinicians and researchers.
- More than 5,000 children a year visit Norton Children’s Heart Institute, affiliated with the University of Louisville, for advanced heart care.
- Norton Children’s Heart Institute successfully performs more than 17,500 procedures a year.
- The Society of Thoracic Surgeons ranked Norton Children’s Heart Institute among the best in the region after studying years of our patients’ outcomes and our ability to handle a range of pediatric heart conditions, including the most severe.
- Norton Children’s Heart Institute has satellite outpatient centers in Bowling Green, Frankfort, Owensboro and Paducah; 28 tele-echocardiography locations in Kentucky and Southern Indiana; and six fetal echocardiography locations across Kentucky.
- The American Board of Thoracic Surgery has certified the cardiothoracic surgeons at Norton Children’s Hospital with subspecialty certification in congenital heart surgery.
- The Jennifer Lawrence Cardiac Intensive Care Unit is under construction to give our patients the most advanced care available.
- Our multidisciplinary approach to pediatric heart surgery brings together our specialists in cardiothoracic surgery, cardiology, anesthesiology, cardiac critical care and other areas to create a complete care plan tailored for your child.
Norton Children’s Heart Institute
Call for an appointment
The four-legged medical staff at Norton Children’s Hospital will soon have a new co-worker. PetSmart Charities Inc. has provided a $50,000 gift to the Norton Children’s Hospital Foundation to add a facility dog to Norton […]Read Full Story