Outpatient chemotherapy and infusion center
The Norton Children’s Infusion Center provides families easy access to chemotherapy treatment and other medications without having to spend a night in the hospital. The center focuses on children, but we also administer infusions to adults at the center.
In addition to chemotherapy, the providers at the center also specialize in delivering immunomodulating therapy — medications that either stimulate or suppress the immune system to treat various conditions.
The experienced team of certified nurses works together to provide care based on each patient’s specific needs. To ensure a relaxing environment, we provide well-equipped patient rooms, complete with:
- Hospital beds or comfortable recliners
- Chairs for friends, family and visitors
- A comfortable waiting area
Services offered include:
- Outpatient chemotherapy treatments in conjunction with the cancer care team
- Intravenous infusion therapy for patients with specific needs
- Blood transfusions
- Assistance with lumbar punctures and bone marrow aspirations
- Monthly port access
- Red blood cell exchange – an effective therapy for sickle cell disease in which damaged red cells are removed and replaced with healthy red blood cells
- White cell depletion, which uses apheresis to remove white blood cells when levels are dangerously high
- Red blood cell depletion to remove excess red blood cells using apheresis.
- Photopheresis for graft-versus-host disease, solid organ transplant rejections, autoimmune diseases such as Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and some pretransplant conditioning regimens
- Peripheral stem cell harvesting, which collects stem cells from blood using apheresis.
Norton Children’s Infusion Center
411 E. Chestnut St.
Norton Children’s offers advanced pediatric cancer care
Before he was born, Schielar Skaggs’ parents, Terry and Melissa, worried about the life their son would have. Would he survive childbirth? If he did, would his life be short and filled with suffering and […]Read Full Story