Patient and family navigators
Norton Children’s Cancer Institute, affiliated with the University of Louisville, offers patient and family navigators to help everyone through the cancer journey. Patient and family navigation services are free.
Patient and family navigators are available to assist with:
- Education and information related to living a healthy lifestyle
- Scheduling physician appointments and explaining screenings, procedures, exams, follow-up and lab work
- Navigating through the health care system
- Coordinating and advocating for you and your family’s physical, emotional and social needs
- Obtaining referrals to community resources and support services
Advanced pediatric cancer care that isn’t too far from home.
When a pediatrician suspects a child has a serious heart issue, the physician and parents want to understand the situation quickly with a speedy diagnosis. If families in Kentucky or Indiana had to drive to […]Read Full Story
The Kentucky Poison Control Center of Norton Children’s Hospital has been working to reduce illness and death from poisoning in Kentucky for 65 years. The center provides 24/7 free and confidential access to specially trained […]Read Full Story
Nearly half of women who die by homicide in the U.S. are killed by a current or former intimate partner. Now a new study in JAMA Pediatrics shows that adolescent girls are at risk for […]Read Full Story