We know that a child’s stay with us has an impact on the entire family. It is our goal to provide nutrition options that help meet the needs of your family and make your stay as comfortable as possible.
Au Bon Pain: Located on the first floor of Norton Children’s Hospital.
Open daily, 6 a.m. to midnight.
Each location offers a variety of hot and cold food choices. Selections change daily.
- Norton Hospital Cafeteria: Located on the first floor of Norton Hospital.
Open daily, 6 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. and 11 p.m. to 3 a.m.
- Norton Healthcare Pavilion Cafeteria: Located on the first floor of Norton Healthcare Pavilion.
Open Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Bistro 634: Located on the first floor of Medical Towers South.
Open Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Gift Shop “Grab and Go”: Located in the lobby of Norton Children’s Hospital
Sandwiches, salads and other snack options are available. You also may purchase a maximum of one meal voucher per meal, which can be presented to a dietary hostess or nurse for a tray for the next served meal to be delivered to your child’s room.
Open Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; and Sunday, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Deluxe vending machines
Two deluxe vending machine areas with “heat and eat” options are located in the lobby area on the first floor of Norton Children’s Hospital. Selections include frozen dinners, sandwiches, soups, ice cream and more. Items are restocked daily.
Additional inpatient options:
- Breastfeeding mothers will receive the entrée of the day meal tray for lunch and dinner upon request. Let a nurse or social services know you are breastfeeding.
- Many food options are available in our nutrition room for families during their child’s stay.
- Families are welcome to bring food from home. All units have a nutrition room with microwave or refrigerator for family use.
- If you are concerned about your family’s nutritional needs during your stay, contact your nurse or social services.
Below is a list of nearby restaurants that deliver. We request that all deliveries come to the main lobby and parents/families meet there to accept the delivery.
The address for delivery is: Norton Children’s Hospital • 231 E. Chestnut St.
Cheer King Star Chinese
The Kentucky Poison Control Center of Norton Children’s Hospital has been working to reduce illness and death from poisoning in Kentucky for 65 years. The center provides 24/7 free and confidential access to specially trained […]Read Full Story
Nearly half of women who die by homicide in the U.S. are killed by a current or former intimate partner. Now a new study in JAMA Pediatrics shows that adolescent girls are at risk for […]Read Full Story
Across the nation there are some 800,000 dog bites reported each year. Children and the elderly are especially vulnerable to bites, even from the most innocent of dogs. Last year, 394 children were treated for […]Read Full Story