Big Changes Are Happening!
Kids grow. Kids’ needs grow. So we are growing, too! We are in the midst of a $78.3 million construction project.
Here’s what you need to know to get around our hospital campus.
Entering the Hospital
- Use the Chestnut Street entrance, or use the elevator in the parking garage on Abraham Flexner Way to enter the hospital.
- The Chestnut Street entrance is open daily from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Be sure to check in at the welcome desk in the lobby on the first floor.
In an effort to curb the spread of COVID-19, we have made the decision to suspend Valet Services. If you need assistance, please contact the office you are visiting and they would be happy to help you.
- The parking garage on Abraham Flexner Way is open. Free valet parking is available inside the garage daily between 7 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Use the garage elevator to enter the hospital. To get to the emergency department, go to the lower level. For all other departments and services, go to the first floor. Be sure to check in at the welcome desk in the lobby.
- Additional parking garages are connected by pedway: the Norton Healthcare Pavilion garage at 634 S. Preston St. and the Norton Hospital garage at 200 E. Chestnut St.
- Raised vans and oversized vehicles taller than 6 feet 7 inches must park on the street at a metered space, or you can call (502) 629-3887 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. for parking assistance. Valet parking for oversized vehicles is available at the Children’s Hospital Foundation Building.
Dropping Patients or Visitors Off
- The drop-off location on the lower level along the ambulance lane is closed.
- Drop off at the Chestnut Street entrance daily from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. or the parking garage on Abraham Flexner Way. From the garage, use the elevator to enter the hospital.
Navigating the Hospital
- Units and services within the hospital are moving to accommodate construction. Look for temporary directional signs to help guide you in the right direction.
- Always check in at the welcome desk in the lobby on the first floor. The attendant will help you find your way.
- Don’t visit if you’re sick or living with someone who is sick. You must complete a short health screening at the welcome desk before going into clinical areas.