What to bring while you wait at Norton Children’s
You to Norton Children’s Hospital, but don’t forget about your needs as a caregiver.
Here’s what you should bring
- Books, magazines or other reading material
- Change and money for vending machines, parking, etc.
- Chargers for your electronic devices
- Earphones or ear buds for electronic devices as a courtesy to other patients and families
- Important telephone numbers (home, work, mobile phone)
- Wear comfortable clothes, and don’t forget clothes for overnight stays with your child.
Please do not bring
- Other children, if possible (your child will need your undivided attention on the day of admission)
- Rubber or latex balloons due to choking or suffocation risk. Any balloons your child receives as gifts must be made of Mylar or foil.
- Streaming television USB devices (Amazon Fire TV stick, Apple TV, Roku, etc.)
- Valuables or large amounts of money.
- Video gaming systems that connect to a television.
The Snow Ball, one of the largest annual fundraisers for Norton Children’s Hospital, will be held Saturday, Nov. 23, at the Omni Louisville Hotel. This black tie event is now in its 30th year and, […]Read Full Story
Seven years ago, my younger sister, Samantha, was diagnosed with epilepsy. Who would have thought that fluttering her eyes was actually a seizure? Sam didn’t seem herself, and so our pediatrician ordered a sleep-deprived electroencephalogram […]Read Full Story