What to bring while you wait at Norton Children’s
You to Norton Children’s Hospital, but don’t forget about your needs as a caregiver.
Here’s what you should bring
- Books, magazines or other reading material
- Change and money for vending machines, parking, etc.
- Chargers for your electronic devices
- Earphones or ear buds for electronic devices as a courtesy to other patients and families
- Important telephone numbers (home, work, mobile phone)
- Wear comfortable clothes, and don’t forget clothes for overnight stays with your child.
Please do not bring
- Other children, if possible (your child will need your undivided attention on the day of admission)
- Rubber or latex balloons due to choking or suffocation risk. Any balloons your child receives as gifts must be made of Mylar or foil.
- Streaming television USB devices (Amazon Fire TV stick, Apple TV, Roku, etc.)
- Valuables or large amounts of money.
- Video gaming systems that connect to a television.
A new study shows a large increase in the number of American women with chronic high blood pressure during pregnancy: an average of 6% each year over the 40 years of the study. “High blood […]Read Full Story
Before he was born, Schielar Skaggs’ parents, Terry and Melissa, worried about the life their son would have. Would he survive childbirth? If he did, would his life be short and filled with suffering and […]Read Full Story