Norton Children’s Hearts & Hands Care Team
Norton Children’s Hearts & Hands Care Team treats the pain, symptoms and stress that come with confronting complex or life-threatening medical conditions.
The care team focuses on managing chronic conditions, educating families and helping children cope with the stress of facing a life-altering or life-threatening condition. The team includes a pediatric specialist with expertise in palliative care and symptom management, as well as palliative care nurses. It works closely with the different services from each unit, such as social services, pastoral care and Child Life, to ensure the needs of the entire family are met as best as possible.
The Hearts & Hands Care Team:
- Helps your family anticipate the needs of your child
- Provides a multidisciplinary approach to care that includes your entire family
- Opens communication with medical staff and your family so you can make informed decisions
- Provides decision-making assistance for your child, family and medical team
- Supports your child and family throughout the medical journey
Norton Children’s offers advanced pediatric cancer care
Kentucky Country Day School seventh grader Ryan Shaps raised $3,500 as a social action project for his bar mitzvah and through sponsors for the Norton Sports Health 10K he ran in September. He is donating […]Read Full Story
We’ve all heard about the dangers of too much screen time for kids. Now, there is a new health concern about a possible physical injury associated with spending all that time on the phone: “text neck” […]Read Full Story
Would you notice if you were missing any of those prescription pain relievers leftover from your surgery last summer? Do you even know how many pills are in those bottles in the back of your […]Read Full Story