Norton Children’s Hearts & Hands Care Team
Norton Children’s Hearts & Hands Care Team treats the pain, symptoms and stress that come with confronting complex or life-threatening medical conditions.
The care team focuses on managing chronic conditions, educating families and helping children cope with the stress of facing a life-altering or life-threatening condition. The team includes a pediatric specialist with expertise in palliative care and symptom management, as well as palliative care nurses. It works closely with the different services from each unit, such as social services, pastoral care and Child Life, to ensure the needs of the entire family are met as best as possible.
The Hearts & Hands Care Team:
- Helps your family anticipate the needs of your child
- Provides a multidisciplinary approach to care that includes your entire family
- Opens communication with medical staff and your family so you can make informed decisions
- Provides decision-making assistance for your child, family and medical team
- Supports your child and family throughout the medical journey
Advanced pediatric cancer care that isn’t too far from home.
When a pediatrician suspects a child has a serious heart issue, the physician and parents want to understand the situation quickly with a speedy diagnosis. If families in Kentucky or Indiana had to drive to […]Read Full Story
The Kentucky Poison Control Center of Norton Children’s Hospital has been working to reduce illness and death from poisoning in Kentucky for 65 years. The center provides 24/7 free and confidential access to specially trained […]Read Full Story
Nearly half of women who die by homicide in the U.S. are killed by a current or former intimate partner. Now a new study in JAMA Pediatrics shows that adolescent girls are at risk for […]Read Full Story