Norton Children’s Hearts & Hands Care Team
Norton Children’s Hearts & Hands Care Team treats the pain, symptoms and stress that come with confronting complex or life-threatening medical conditions.
The care team focuses on managing chronic conditions, educating families and helping children cope with the stress of facing a life-altering or life-threatening condition. The team includes a pediatric specialist with expertise in palliative care and symptom management, as well as palliative care nurses. It works closely with the different services from each unit, such as social services, pastoral care and Child Life, to ensure the needs of the entire family are met as best as possible.
The Hearts & Hands Care Team:
- Helps your family anticipate the needs of your child
- Provides a multidisciplinary approach to care that includes your entire family
- Opens communication with medical staff and your family so you can make informed decisions
- Provides decision-making assistance for your child, family and medical team
- Supports your child and family throughout the medical journey
Norton Children’s offers advanced pediatric cancer care
A new study shows a large increase in the number of American women with chronic high blood pressure during pregnancy: an average of 6% each year over the 40 years of the study. “High blood […]Read Full Story
Before he was born, Schielar Skaggs’ parents, Terry and Melissa, worried about the life their son would have. Would he survive childbirth? If he did, would his life be short and filled with suffering and […]Read Full Story