Norton Children’s Hearts & Hands Care Team
Norton Children’s Hearts & Hands Care Team treats the pain, symptoms and stress that come with confronting complex or life-threatening medical conditions.
The care team focuses on managing chronic conditions, educating families and helping children cope with the stress of facing a life-altering or life-threatening condition. The team includes a pediatric specialist with expertise in palliative care and symptom management, as well as palliative care nurses. It works closely with the different services from each unit, such as social services, pastoral care and Child Life, to ensure the needs of the entire family are met as best as possible.
The Hearts & Hands Care Team:
- Helps your family anticipate the needs of your child
- Provides a multidisciplinary approach to care that includes your entire family
- Opens communication with medical staff and your family so you can make informed decisions
- Provides decision-making assistance for your child, family and medical team
- Supports your child and family throughout the medical journey
Norton Children’s offers advanced pediatric cancer care
Nicole Pendino has a courageous son. In fact, his nickname is “Courageous Clay.” Many members of his hometown community in Bowling Green, Kentucky, have rallied around him over the past 12 years. In 2017 when […]Read Full Story
We love babies of all kinds at Norton Children’s. Mikki, the Louisville Zoo’s 33-year-old African elephant, gave birth Aug. 2 to a bull calf. Mikki’s pregnancy lasted 22 months (651 days). The soon-to-be named calf […]Read Full Story