Norton Children’s Pediatric Dentistry Services
Norton Children’s pediatric dentists care for children up to age 17. Our pediatric dentists offer a wide range of services, including dental cleaning, restorations, extractions, dental care for children with special needs and more. Emergency dental care also is available at Norton Children’s Hospital.
Pediatric Dental Care Services
- Abscess care
- Cavity (tooth decay) care
- Dental trauma
- Malocclusion (crowded or misaligned teeth)
- Care for children with special needs, including:
- Antibiotic coverage for patients with heart conditions or immunosuppression
- Children receiving chemotherapy
- Infusion of missing clotting factors to allow kids with hemophilia to have dental procedures
- Soft and hard tissue diseases
- Anesthesiology and sedation
Collaboration with UofL Dentistry for Your Child’s care
We work with providers from UofL Dentistry to offer highly skilled care for your child. Norton Children’s Hospital serves as the primary pediatric teaching facility for the University of Louisville School of Dentistry. These dentists are professors and active researchers helping to advance medical care through clinical research and education.
The Norton Children’s Difference
The care your child needs is close to home at Norton Children’s. With a 125-year presence in Louisville, Norton Children’s is a leader in pediatric care across Kentucky and Southern Indiana, providing an expanded footprint that includes:
- Norton Children’s Hospital – The region’s only full-service, free-standing pediatric hospital and Louisville’s only Level I Pediatric Trauma Center. Norton Children’s Hospital also has one of the largest Level IV (highest level) neonatal intensive care units in the country.
- Numerous regional outpatient centers and extensive pediatrician and pediatric specialist offices throughout the area.
- Norton Women’s & Children’s Hospital – The only women’s hospital in Louisville, providing care dedicated to the needs of women and children.
- Norton Children’s Medical Center – A unique regional outpatient facility designed “Just for Kids,” bringing pediatric care to northeastern Jefferson County and the surrounding area.
Norton Children’s Offers Specialized Programs and Services, Including:
- Norton Children’s Cancer Institute, affiliated with the University of Louisville, and the Addison Jo Blair Cancer Care Center, which is one of the oldest oncology programs continuously accredited by the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer.
- Norton Children’s Heart & Vascular Institute, affiliated with the University of Louisville, a pioneer in pediatric cardiothoracic surgery. Norton Children’s heart surgeons performed Kentucky’s first heart transplant in a newborn in 1986, making the hospital the second site in the United States for infant transplants. Norton Children’s Hospital will be home to the Jennifer Lawrence Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (expected completion in 2019).
- Pediatric neurology and neurosurgery, including a Level 4 epilepsy center
- Orthopedic surgery and rehabilitation
- The Wendy Novak Diabetes Center
Norton Children’s Pediatric Dentistry
Call for More Information
Walter L. Sobczyk, M.D., pediatric cardiologist with Norton Children’s Heart Institute, affiliated with the University of Louisville, has treated hundreds of children born with life-threatening heart abnormalities. Thanks to advances in surgery and treatment over […]Read Full Story
The Festival of Trees & Lights is celebrating 30 years of sharing holiday cheer and raising funds for technology and exceptional care at Norton Children’s Hospital. To help you get the most out of your […]Read Full Story
The Snow Ball, one of the largest annual fundraisers for Norton Children’s Hospital, will be held Saturday, Nov. 23, at the Omni Louisville Hotel. This black tie event is now in its 30th year and, […]Read Full Story
When people talk about the condition diabetes mellitus, they often use just the word “diabetes.” However, diabetes mellitus describes several types of conditions in which a child may develop high blood sugar (blood glucose). There […]Read Full Story