Norton Children’s Rheumatology Services
Norton Children’s pediatric rheumatology specialists care for a number of conditions affecting the bones, muscles and tissues in children. Our board-certified and fellowship-trained pediatric rheumatologists have the experience to provide comprehensive care for the full spectrum of pediatric rheumatic diseases.
Rheumatic diseases we treat
- Musculoskeletal pain or weakness
- Complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS)
- Juvenile idiopathic arthritis
- Juvenile dermatomyositis
- Juvenile primary fibromyalgia syndrome (JPFS)
- Juvenile spondyloarthritis (SpA)
- Localized and systemic scleroderma
- Mixed connective tissue disease (MCTD)
- Suspected connective tissue disorders
- Suspected autoimmune disorders
- Unexplained fever and or fatigue
The Norton Children’s difference
With a 125-year presence in Louisville, Norton Children’s is a leader in pediatric care across Kentucky and Southern Indiana, providing an expanded footprint that includes:
- Norton Children’s Hospital– The region’s only full-service, free-standing pediatric hospital and Louisville’s only Level I Pediatric Trauma Center. Norton Children’s Hospital also has one of the largest Level IV (highest level) neonatal intensive care units in the country.
- Numerous regional outpatient centers and extensive pediatricianand pediatric specialistoffices throughout the area.
- Norton Women’s & Children’s Hospital– The only women’s hospital in Louisville, providing care dedicated to the needs of women and children.
- Norton Children’s Medical Center– A unique regional outpatient facility designed “Just for Kids,” brings pediatric care to northeastern Jefferson County and the surrounding area.
Norton Children’s offers specialized programs and services, including:
Norton Children’s Cancer Institute, affiliated with the University of Louisville, and the Addison Jo Blair Cancer Care Center, which is one of the oldest oncology programs in the U.S. and continuously accredited by the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer.
- Norton Children’s Heart & Vascular Institute, affiliated with the University of Louisville, a pioneer in pediatric cardiothoracic surgery. Norton Children’s heart transplant surgeons performed Kentucky’s first heart transplant in a newborn in 1986, making the hospital the second site in the United States for infant transplants. Norton Children’s Hospital will be home to the Jennifer Lawrence Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (expected completion in 2019).
- Pediatric neurology and neurosurgery, including a Level 3 epilepsy center
- Orthopedic surgery and rehabilitation
- The Wendy Novak Diabetes Center
Norton Children’s Rheumatology
Call for information
In Eli Alexander’s 23 months of life, he has overcome a congenital heart defect with the help of a heart transplant. His family has taken to comparing his strength and bravery to an elephant’s. It […]Read Full Story
Nicole Pendino has a courageous son. In fact, his nickname is “Courageous Clay.” Many members of his hometown community in Bowling Green, Kentucky, have rallied around him over the past 12 years. In 2017 when […]Read Full Story
We love babies of all kinds at Norton Children’s. Mikki, the Louisville Zoo’s 33-year-old African elephant, gave birth Aug. 2 to a bull calf. Mikki’s pregnancy lasted 22 months (651 days). The soon-to-be named calf […]Read Full Story