Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Services at Norton Children’s
Children may need surgical restoration, repair or reconstruction of body structures due to an injury or condition. Norton Children’s pediatric plastic surgeons provide comprehensive surgical management of all pediatric plastic surgery needs. Our specialists commonly treat:
- Cleft lip and palate
- Complex lacerations
- Complex wound infections
- Congenital and traumatic hand deformities
- Craniofacial anomalies, including deformities of the skull, orbits, facial bones, ears and nose
- Lower extremity reconstruction
- Pigmented birthmarks
- Spine deformities, such as myelomeningocele
- Traumatic craniofacial deformities and facial fractures
- Vascular malformations and hemangiomas
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Services
Our reconstructive specialists also offer nonsurgical care for skull deformities, such as plagiocephaly.
The Norton Children’s Difference
The care your child needs is close to home at Norton Children’s. With a 125-year presence in Louisville, Norton Children’s is a leader in pediatric care across Kentucky and Southern Indiana, providing an expanded footprint that includes:
- Norton Children’s Hospital– The region’s only full-service, free-standing pediatric hospital and Louisville’s only Level I Pediatric Trauma Center. Norton Children’s Hospital also has one of the largest Level IV (highest level) neonatal intensive care units in the country.
- Numerous regional outpatient centersand extensive pediatricianand pediatric specialistoffices throughout the area.
- Norton Women’s & Children’s Hospital– The only women’s hospital in Louisville, providing care dedicated to the needs of women and children.
- Norton Children’s Medical Center– A unique regional outpatient facility designed “Just for Kids,” brings pediatric care to northeastern Jefferson County and the surrounding area.
Norton Children’s Offers Specialized Programs and Services, Including:
- Norton Children’s Cancer Institute, affiliated with the University of Louisville, and the Addison Jo Blair Cancer Care Center, which is one of the oldest oncology programs in the U.S. and continuously accredited by the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer.
- Norton Children’s Heart & Vascular Institute, affiliated with the University of Louisville, a pioneer in pediatric cardiothoracic surgery. Norton Children’s heart transplant surgeons performed Kentucky’s first heart transplant in a newborn in 1986, making the hospital the second site in the United States for infant transplants. Norton Children’s Hospital will be home to the Jennifer Lawrence Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (expected completion in 2019).
- Pediatric neurology and neurosurgery, including a Level 3 epilepsy center
- Orthopedic surgery and rehabilitation
- The Wendy Novak Diabetes Center
Norton Children’s Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Call for more information
A new study shows a large increase in the number of American women with chronic high blood pressure during pregnancy: an average of 6% each year over the 40 years of the study. “High blood […]Read Full Story
Before he was born, Schielar Skaggs’ parents, Terry and Melissa, worried about the life their son would have. Would he survive childbirth? If he did, would his life be short and filled with suffering and […]Read Full Story