Norton Children’s Medical Center has provided skilled pediatric care for northeastern Jefferson County families for 10 years.
Norton Children’s Medical Center is celebrating 10 years of service. The unique regional facility is designed just for kids and brings the compassionate, skilled pediatric care of Norton Children’s to families in northeastern Jefferson County and the surrounding area, including Southern Indiana.
“This is such an exciting milestone for Norton Children’s Medical Center,” said Kathy Lamb, facility vice president, operations, Norton Children’s Hospital. “This facility is designed to provide the best care for children and their families and to reduce stress on our patients. With our focus on patient/family experience and with a caring, highly qualified staff, Norton Children’s Medical Center is a jewel in our community.”
Pediatric emergency care and much more
The medical center provides 24/7 pediatric emergency care with its 16-bed emergency department. The medical center is also home to:
- Radiology care that is appropriate for kids’ age and size. Full-service testing capabilities, including magnetic resource imaging (MRI), computed tomography (CT) scan, ultrasound, fluoroscopy and X-rays are available. Norton Children’s Medical Center is accredited in CT, MRI and ultrasound by the American College of Radiology. This accreditation is recognized as the gold standard in medical imaging.
- Anesthesiology care that’s appropriate for a child’s age and size. Sedation is also available for children having tests and/or minor procedures that an adult could tolerate but a small child may find difficult.
- Infusion services available in the outpatient lab.
- Child life therapists are available. Our therapists are accredited by the Association of Child Life Professionals.
Norton Children’s Medical Center
What a decade! Since opening in 2010, the facility:
- Cared for 345,000 children
- Cares for 36,000 children a year
- Cares for 21,000 patients a year in the emergency department
- Provided outpatient surgical care for kids, including those needing ear, nose and throat (ENT), orthopedic and urological procedures