We’ve collected some tips from an experienced Festival of Trees & Lights guest and mom of three to help you make the most of the event.
Make time for what matters
- Plan to attend Friday during the day or early mornings on the weekend for smaller crowds and better selection.
- The best value is Festival Family Night on Friday. There are characters in costume, a free photo printing station and a fireworks show with free hot chocolate and cider.
- Buy tickets online at org to avoid the line. Also, for online purchases only, you get one free ticket with an adult ticket purchase.
Check your (to-do) list twice!
2018 Festival of Trees & Lights
The 29th annual Festival of Trees & Lights will be held Nov. 9 to 11 in the indoor concourse at Louisville Slugger Field.
Hundreds of beautifully decorated trees, wreaths and décor. Proceeds benefit Norton Children’s Hospital.
- Buy your holiday décor and gifts at Festival of Trees & Lights.
- Take advantage of the décor and photo opportunities to finish your Christmas cards early. The pictures with Santa area is precious. A professional photographer takes the photo, and it’s free!
- Make your annual charitable giving contribution at the Festival of Trees & Lights. Purchases benefit Norton Children’s Hospital.
A little elf suggests …
- Skip the stroller and bring a bag. The isles are wide, but not when the event is full of people. Put the baby in a carrier and leave the stroller in the car. Use a shopping bag to hold all the crafts and giveaways the kids collect.
- Ask to get the children’s crafts bagged. The people who run the event will bag up one of each craft to take home. That’s especially helpful if your child is young or has special needs.
- The event program has coupons and special offers inside, so it’s worth looking through.