Norton Children’s Hospitalist Services
Norton Children’s hospitalists offer comprehensive care for hospitalized children with common or complex medical conditions, including:
- Acute illnesses in newborns
- Chronic illnesses such as:
- Cerebral palsy
- Common pediatric illnesses such as:
- Failure to thrive
- Infectious illnesses of the blood, skin, lungs and kidneys
- Injury or surgery recovery
- Fluid and electrolyte disorders
- Poor weight gain
- Respiratory illnesses such as:
- RSV Bronchiolitis
- Skin and bone infections
Comprehensive and compassionate care
Pediatric hospitalists coordinate care with other medical subspecialty physicians to assist with general pediatric care. Hospitalists often help pediatricians, family doctors and general surgeons in caring for children when requested. Hospitalists also work with a child’s primary care provider to make sure the child has a successful care plan in place when he or she goes home from the hospital.
The Norton Children’s difference
With a 125-year presence in Louisville, Norton Children’s is a leader in pediatric care across Kentucky and Southern Indiana, providing an expanded footprint that includes:
- Norton Children’s Hospital– The region’s only full-service, free-standing pediatric hospital and Louisville’s only Level I Pediatric Trauma Center. Norton Children’s Hospital also has one of the largest Level IV (highest level) neonatal intensive care units in the country.
- Numerous regional outpatient centers and extensive pediatrician and pediatric specialistoffices throughout the area.
- Norton Women’s & Children’s Hospital– The only women’s hospital in Louisville, providing care dedicated to the needs of women and children.
- Norton Children’s Medical Center– A unique regional outpatient facility designed “Just for Kids,” bringing pediatric care to northeastern Jefferson County, Kentucky, and the surrounding area.
Norton Children’s offers specialized programs and services, including:
- Norton Children’s Cancer Institute, affiliated with the University of Louisville, and the Addison Jo Blair Cancer Care Center, which is one of the oldest oncology programs continuously accredited by the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer.
- Norton Children’s Heart & Vascular Institute, affiliated with the University of Louisville, a pioneer in pediatric cardiothoracic surgery. Norton Children’s heart surgeons performed Kentucky’s first heart transplant in a newborn in 1986, making the hospital the second site in the United States for infant transplants. Norton Children’s Hospital will be home to the Jennifer Lawrence Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (expected completion in 2019).
- Pediatric neurology and neurosurgery, including a Level 4 epilepsy center
- Orthopedic surgery and rehabilitation
- The Wendy Novak Diabetes Center
Norton Children’s Hopitalists
Call for information
The Festival of Trees & Lights is celebrating 30 years of sharing holiday cheer and raising funds for technology and exceptional care at Norton Children’s Hospital. To help you get the most out of your […]Read Full Story
The Snow Ball, one of the largest annual fundraisers for Norton Children’s Hospital, will be held Saturday, Nov. 23, at the Omni Louisville Hotel. This black tie event is now in its 30th year and, […]Read Full Story
When people talk about the condition diabetes mellitus, they often use just the word “diabetes.” However, diabetes mellitus describes several types of conditions in which a child may develop high blood sugar (blood glucose). There […]Read Full Story