Our new name and logo reflect 125 years of keeping children at the heart of what we do. It’s also support and compassion for families, and helping children through every age, every stage and every step of the way. Our name strengthens our mission and respects our long-term faith heritage.
Selecting Norton Children’s Hospital as the new name of our children’s hospital involved several rounds of research through focus groups within our community, as well as Norton Healthcare employees. These groups made it clear that the “Just for Kids” balloon and Norton name meant something to our neighbors and families.
The next step was creating a logo that assured our community that the same caregivers and compassion they have come to know and expect are still here, and will be for many years to come.
- Balloon: One of the better-known symbols of the hospital, the hot-air balloon assures that nothing has changed but the name. The balloon suggests whimsy and a child’s dream of flying. It also suggests that things are looking up and improving. It supports the remarkable journey to better health thanks to the care provided at Norton Children’s Hospital and our related pediatric facilities.
- Colors: The series of six bright colors creates a rainbow effect, which symbolizes the concept that you’re a witness to something quite rare and very special.
- “Just for Kids”: We are dedicated to the health and well-being of children.
- Children’s: Children are at the heart of what we do, and that is our main focus. With this word being the largest in our logo, it focuses on that sentiment. The font is clean and has open spaces that convey strength and forward thinking. Upper and lowercase rounded letters are friendly and soft, symbolizing the care we provide every day to families. It also connects to our history as Children’s Free Hospital, which was founded in 1892.
- Norton: Written in the same font as that of our parent brand, Norton Healthcare, it’s the connection to our organization and history.
- Secondary line: “Hospital,” “Medical Center” and “Medical Associates” specify the location of the service.