Your donations to the Children’s Hospital Foundation last year helped fund a wide variety of improvements and medical care for kids.
The life-changing care provided by Norton Children’s throughout Louisville, Kentucky and Southern Indiana wouldn’t be possible without the generosity of those who contribute to the Children’s Hospital Foundation. Over 30,000 donors gave a total of more than $12.9 million in 2018. Your efforts helped over 180,000 young patients receive treatment.
Norton Children’s has seen its impact continue to broaden over time, thanks in no small part to your gifts. These contributions have ensured that the families of our region don’t have to go far to find the care they need.
Donations have helped fund facility renovations and additions, the purchase of cutting-edge equipment; educational initiatives; workforce development efforts; financial assistance for patients; research and innovation; and many other areas.
Some of the highlights of how your donations helped:
- An adolescent and young adult oncology unit
- Mazor X robotic system that helps surgery teams provide safer, more effective procedures with shorter recovery times
- Renovated neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)
- New chapel at Norton Women’s & Children’s Hospital
- Construction of the Jennifer Lawrence Cardiac Intensive Care Unit
- NicView camera system that allows parents with children in the NICU keep a watchful eye on their baby through a live video feed
- An additional Giraffe incubator (Mattress rotates 360 degrees allowing easy access for caregivers and comfort for children; scales and X-ray trays are built into the bed as are improved temperature and humidity control capabilities.)
Enhancement of these facilities and equipment allows for more patients to receive specialized, often lifesaving care. Health care is not just about how many patients you can treat, but rather how many patients you can treat effectively. Renovations and cutting-edge equipment have made it possible for medical staff to deliver on care both in quality and quantity.
Your generosity has played a part in making Norton Children’s the gold standard for pediatric care in the region.
In addition to the improvements that we can see and touch, your contributions have made a priceless impact on the hearts of our patients. Services such end-of-chemo parties and dedicated pastoral care have created countless moments of comfort and joy.
The Ulmer Family Wellness Program also has benefited from your selfless support. This program serves underserved children and their families with safety resources such as bike helmets and car seats; bus vouchers; job training; child health and breastfeeding workshops; and a full-time social worker.
The abundance of support that the Children’s Hospital Foundation receives from the community is fundamental to providing the highest possible level of care for patients.