Norton Children’s Medical Group makes choosing a pediatrician a little easier by offering monthly Newbie Nights. Find a pediatrician in Louisville or Southern Indiana.
Newbie Nights hosted by Norton Children’s Medical Group, affiliated with the UofL School of Medicine, are events for families to meet staff and tour our practice locations to find a pediatrician who meets their needs. After a year of pausing our monthly in-person Newbie Nights due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Norton Children’s Medical Group is happy to announce the return of in-person Newbie Nights. These monthly events provide a perfect opportunity for parents who are expecting a baby or new to the area to meet providers and ask questions. Those looking for a new pediatrician are welcome, too.
Norton Children’s Medical Group
We have been taking extra precautions to keep families and our caregivers safer during the pandemic. For that reason, Newbie Nights have been held virtually over the past year. While we are excited to have visitors back in our offices, we will continue to ask that visitors older than age 2 wear masks while in our practices.
Why attend a Newbie Night?
There is a lot to consider when choosing a pediatrician: Do the office hours fit my schedule? Does the office accept my insurance? Are there any benefits of being part of a system? These are all great questions to ask any pediatric provider. Newbie Nights offer parents the opportunity to see an office, meet a provider and ask any questions they may have about the practice and its team. We can answer questions you may have about us and our offerings that include:
- Pediatric providers at 25 locations across Louisville, Southern Indiana and beyond: Our providers are focused solely on care for babies, kids and teens. We provide routine well-child checkups and care for minor illnesses and injuries. Additionally, our clinical team has expanded to include pediatric psychologists and licensed clinical social workers to focus on the mental health of our patients.
- Expansive network: We have the largest network of pediatric primary care services throughout Kentucky and Southern Indiana, with more than 125 pediatric providers.
- Convenience: Many of our offices offer convenient weekday evening and Saturday morning office hours, as well as same-day appointments for unexpected visits. New patients can be seen within 24 hours.
- After-hours care: We have an after-hours phone line available if you have questions about your child’s health after regular business hours. We can help direct you and your child to the right level of care at any time, day or night.
- Telehealth appointments: Most offices offer telehealth appointments for children ages 2 and older. If your child is not feeling well, call your pediatrician’s office to discuss appointment options for minor illnesses and conditions. A telehealth appointment can be scheduled for rash; attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), anxiety and depression; developmental concerns related to autism; eye issues; allergies; sunburns and skin issues; and other minor conditions.
- Comprehensive, integrated care: Should your child require surgery, hospitalization or care for a complex illness, our pediatricians are connected to the extensive network of Norton Children’s pediatric specialists. Our pediatricians and specialists coordinate to provide your child with the best possible care.
- Access to child’s medical records – Through the MyNortonChart website and MyChart app, you have convenient access to portions of your child’s electronic medical record anytime. You can view lab results, manage appointments, review medications and immunizations, send messages to your child’s provider and more. All information is stored securely.
- Partnership for child wellness and injury prevention – Our pediatrician offices partner with Norton Children’s Prevention & Wellness. Many prevention and wellness programs and initiatives are offered right in our offices, including car seat checks, education on safe sleep techniques, fluoride applications and more than a dozen food pantries to address food insecurities in children.
Newbie Nights are open to all, and you are welcome to attend as many nights at any of our 25 office locations to find the practice that meets your needs. Additionally, if you’re having trouble narrowing down your choice between a couple of practices or pediatricians, families are welcome to call any of our practice locations to ask questions or potentially set up a one-on-one meeting with a pediatrician you’re interested in choosing for your child. To do so, just phone the practice directly.