Champions for Kids
The Champions for Kids program allows community members to host fundraisers that benefit the lifesaving care of Norton Children’s Hospital.
Become a Champion!
Planning a community fundraiser is exciting! Not only do you bring together friends, family and other generous and caring people for a fun and meaningful event, but you become a hero to many children and their families. Norton Children’s Hospital Foundation staff is here to support you to ensure your fundraiser is a success.
Getting started is simple. Complete and submit our third-party fundraiser application. Once your application is received, a Norton Children’s Hospital Foundation staff member will contact you.
What Kind of Fundraiser Can You Plan?
The possibilities are endless! A good starting point is to brainstorm ideas about events you have organized or attended. Chat with friends and family members to get their creative input. If you need inspiration, here are a few types of events that have been successful:
- Restaurant or retail promotion
- Sporting event (golf outing, kickball game, for example)
- Bake sale
- Coin drive
- Garage sale
- Birthday or holiday party
We Are Here to Help!
Here are some of the things our staff can do to make your fundraiser a success:
- Offer advice and expertise on event planning and fundraising
- Provide a letter of authorization to validate the authenticity of the event and its organizers
- Provide an online fundraising page and setup instructions
- Provide and approve the use of our logos as appropriate
- Provide templates for a flyer and press release
- Provide tax receipts to donors who send donations directly to the foundation and the tax-deductible amount (when the donation is unrelated to receiving something in return). Tax receipts are in the form of a letter and mailed, so the donor address is required.
- Schedule and attend check presentation or donation drop-off if desired, at an agreed-on date and location
- Secure an appropriate venue and all vendors for other services
- Identify sources of funding and payment processing for the event, if necessary
- Provide on-site volunteers to manage the fundraising event
- Solicit event sponsorships and donations
- Manage the online fundraising page as applicable
- Submit marketing materials and social media content to the foundation for approval prior to distribution
- Tag Norton Healthcare or Norton Children’s Hospital in social media posts
- Mail or deliver all checks and donations to the foundations office following the event
- Acknowledge and thank vendors, donors, volunteers and participants
Here Are Some Things We Are Unable to Do
- Provide our tax exempt number
- Provide certificates of insurance, permits and licenses for events
- Offer funding or reimbursement for expenses
- Share mailing lists of donors, vendors, employees or patients
- Provide hospital or foundation stationery
- Provide photos to be used as promotional materials
- Guarantee attendance of patients, physicians or staff at the event
For more information
Call Norton Children’s Hospital Foundation
There are three basic ways to treat scoliosis in kids, depending on whether they are still growing and the severity of the curve. When viewed from the side, the spine needs to have some curve […]Read Full Story
Puberty blockers are medications that halt the production of estrogen or testosterone, hormones that play a role in the development of secondary sex characteristics. Secondary sex characteristics are the features that develop and appear during […]Read Full Story
Breast milk can be like a medicine for babies. While breast milk is preferred for most babies, it may not naturally contain all of the macronutrients (fat, carbohydrates and protein) needed by premature babies, those […]Read Full Story