Champions for Kids
The Champions for Kids program allows community members to host fundraisers that benefit the lifesaving care of Norton Children’s Hospital.
Become a Champion!
Planning a community fundraiser is exciting! Not only do you bring together friends, family and other generous and caring people for a fun and meaningful event, but you become a hero to many children and their families. The Children’s Hospital Foundation staff is here to support you every step of the way to ensure your fundraiser is a success.
Getting started is simple. Complete and submit our Champions for Kids application. Once your application is received, a Children’s Hospital Foundation staff member will contact you.
What kind of fundraiser can you plan?
The possibilities are endless! A good starting point is to brainstorm events you have organized or attended. Chat with friends and family members to get their creative input. If you need inspiration, here are a few events that have been successful:
- Holiday-themed party
- Restaurant or retail promotion
- Sporting event (golf outing, kickball, etc.)
- Bake sale
- Coin drive
- Garage sale
We are here to help!
Our staff is ready to ensure your fundraiser is a success. Here is what we can do:
- Offer advice and expertise on event planning and fundraising.
- Promote the event or project to our donors and employees through social media and e-blasts.
- Coordinate and attend check presentations on-site, as agreed upon.
- Provide promotional/giveaway items (such as pins with our logo).
- Acknowledge direct contributions to Norton Children’s Hospital.
- Provide and approve use of our logo, as appropriate.
- Assist in directing contributions toward areas of special interest or areas of need within the hospital.
- Provide a letter of authorization to validate the authenticity of the event and its organizers.
Here are some things we are unable to do
- Provide our tax exemption number.
- Provide a certificate of insurance and permits for events.
- Offer funding or reimbursement for expenses.
- Share mailing lists of donors or vendors.
- Provide hospital or foundation stationery.
- Guarantee attendance of patients, physicians or staff at the event.
For more information, call the Children’s Hospital Foundation at (502) 629-8060.
Ways to Help
If your child needs surgery that will involve general anesthesia, it’s important to know that pediatric patients have unique needs. Their brains and bodies are still developing, and administering anesthesia to pediatric patients is […]Read Full Story
Ear tubes and other ear, nose and throat (ENT) surgeries are among the most common requiring general anesthesia for children 1 to 3 years old and babies as young as 6 months. The procedure […]Read Full Story