Champions for Kids
The Champions for Kids program allows community members to host fundraisers that benefit the lifesaving care of Norton Children’s Hospital.
Become a Champion!
Planning a community fundraiser is exciting! Not only do you bring together friends, family and other generous and caring people for a fun and meaningful event, but you become a hero to many children and their families. The Norton Children’s Hospital Foundation staff is here to support you every step of the way to ensure your fundraiser is a success.
Getting started is simple. Complete and submit our Champions for Kids application. Once your application is received, a Norton Children’s Hospital Foundation staff member will contact you.
What Kind of Fundraiser Can You Plan? Champions for Kids
The possibilities are endless! A good starting point is to brainstorm events you have organized or attended. Chat with friends and family members to get their creative input. If you need inspiration, here are a few events that have been successful:
- Holiday-themed party
- Restaurant or retail promotion
- Sporting event (golf outing, kickball, etc.)
- Bake sale
- Coin drive
- Garage sale
We Are Here to Help!
Our staff is ready to ensure your fundraiser is a success. Here is what we can do:
- Offer advice and expertise on event planning and fundraising.
- Promote the event or project to our donors and employees through social media and e-blasts.
- Coordinate and attend check presentations on-site, as agreed upon.
- Provide promotional/giveaway items (such as pins with our logo).
- Acknowledge direct contributions to Norton Children’s Hospital.
- Provide and approve use of our logo, as appropriate.
- Assist in directing contributions toward areas of special interest or areas of need within the hospital.
- Provide a letter of authorization to validate the authenticity of the event and its organizers.
Here Are Some Things We Are Unable to Do
- Provide our tax exemption number.
- Provide a certificate of insurance and permits for events.
- Offer funding or reimbursement for expenses.
- Share mailing lists of donors or vendors.
- Provide hospital or foundation stationery.
- Guarantee attendance of patients, physicians or staff at the event.
For more information, call the Norton Children’s Hospital Foundation at (502) 629-8060.
Ways to Help
Norton Children’s has a hotline for parents who have questions about their child and the coronavirus/COVID-19. Parents can call the hotline with general questions or speak with a nurse if their child is experiencing symptoms […]Read Full Story
Families having to face financial, emotional and other stresses — combined with long periods of time isolated at home with a lack of structure during the COVID-19 pandemic — can lead to potentially dangerous situations […]Read Full Story
The 24 offices of Norton Children’s Medical Associates, affiliated with the UofL School of Medicine, are keeping their normal hours for patients who need to see a pediatrician and meet either of the following criteria: […]Read Full Story
Aunque los casos de coronavirus/COVID-19 han sido confirmados principalmente en adultos, los niños aún son susceptibles al virus. Norton Children’s Hospital recibe muchas llamadas de padres y cuidadores preocupados. Si le preocupa que su hijo […]Read Full Story
For the second year in a row, Kentucky had the highest child abuse rate in the country — and it’s not even close. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Children’s Bureau “Child Maltreatment […]Read Full Story