Champions for Kids
The Champions for Kids program allows community members to host fundraisers that benefit the lifesaving care of Norton Children’s Hospital.
Become a Champion!
Planning a community fundraiser is exciting! Not only do you bring together friends, family and other generous and caring people for a fun and meaningful event, but you become a hero to many children and their families. The Children’s Hospital Foundation staff is here to support you every step of the way to ensure your fundraiser is a success.
Getting started is simple. Complete and submit our Champions for Kids application. Once your application is received, a Children’s Hospital Foundation staff member will contact you.
What kind of fundraiser can you plan?
The possibilities are endless! A good starting point is to brainstorm events you have organized or attended. Chat with friends and family members to get their creative input. If you need inspiration, here are a few events that have been successful:
- Holiday-themed party
- Restaurant or retail promotion
- Sporting event (golf outing, kickball, etc.)
- Bake sale
- Coin drive
- Garage sale
We are here to help!
Our staff is ready to ensure your fundraiser is a success. Here is what we can do:
- Offer advice and expertise on event planning and fundraising.
- Promote the event or project to our donors and employees through social media and e-blasts.
- Coordinate and attend check presentations on-site, as agreed upon.
- Provide promotional/giveaway items (such as pins with our logo).
- Acknowledge direct contributions to Norton Children’s Hospital.
- Provide and approve use of our logo, as appropriate.
- Assist in directing contributions toward areas of special interest or areas of need within the hospital.
- Provide a letter of authorization to validate the authenticity of the event and its organizers.
Here are some things we are unable to do
- Provide our tax exemption number.
- Provide a certificate of insurance and permits for events.
- Offer funding or reimbursement for expenses.
- Share mailing lists of donors or vendors.
- Provide hospital or foundation stationery.
- Guarantee attendance of patients, physicians or staff at the event.
For more information, call the Children’s Hospital Foundation at (502) 629-8060.
Call for More Information
Ways to Help
Norton Children’s Prevention & Wellness, with support from Kohl’s Cares, offers wellness workshops and classes for the whole family throughout the year. Our wellness specialists team up with community organizations like Healthy House and Shively […]Read Full Story
Hey there! My name is Eleanor and I’m 8 years old. I love drawing and art. I also really like to play with Legos with my little sister. I’m in the second grade, and the […]Read Full Story
Your child has an accident and your pediatrician’s office is closed; or maybe you’re traveling. When your child needs emergency care, it’s tempting to go to the closest hospital or immediate care center so he […]Read Full Story