How to get around construction at Norton Children’s Hospital
Big changes are happening!
Kids grow. Kids’ needs grow. So we are growing too! We are in the midst of a $78.3 million construction project.
Here’s what you need to know to get around our hospital campus.
Entering the hospital
- Use the Chestnut Street entrance, or use the elevator in the parking garage on Abraham Flexner Way to enter the hospital on the lower level.
- The parking garage on Abraham Flexner Way is open. Use the garage elevator to enter the hospital on the lower level.
- Additional parking garages are connected by pedway: the Norton Healthcare Pavilion garage at 634 S. Preston St. and the Norton Hospital garage at 200 E. Chestnut St.
- Valet parking is available for $4 from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Children’s Hospital Foundation Building at 601 S. Floyd St. Use the sidewalk or pedways on the second floor to enter the hospital.
- Raised vans and oversized vehicles taller than 6 feet 7 inches can park at the street level at one of the metered spaces, or you can call (502) 629-3887 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. for parking assistance. Valet parking for oversized vehicles is available at the Children’s Hospital Foundation Building.
Dropping patients or visitors off
- The drop-off location on the lower level along the ambulance lane is closed.
- Drop off at the Chestnut Street entrance or the parking garage on Abraham Flexner Way. Use the garage elevator to enter the hospital on the lower level.
Navigating the hospital
- Units and services within the hospital are in flux to accommodate construction. Look for temporary directional signs to help guide you in the right direction.
- Always check in at the welcome desk on the lower level. The attendant will help you find your way.
- Don’t visit if you’re sick. You will complete a short health screening at the welcome desk before going into clinical areas.