Donate an Item
While monetary gifts are the most useful to the hospital and can be used to purchase items most in need, we do accept other donations. These may include toys, art supplies and gift cards. See below for details on donating items to the hospital.
Some things you need to know before donating an item:
- All donations are tax deductible through Norton Children’s Hospital Foundation. Call the foundation at (502) 629-8060 for more information.
- All items must be new with original tags or packaging.
- Avoid toys that could present a choking hazard, have sharp pieces or that fall apart easily.
- Make sure all toys for hospital/playroom use are washable. No cloth items or toys are allowed for general hospital use. New stuffed animals or other cloth toys are acceptable as patient gifts as long as tags or original packaging is intact and the items are free from odors and wear.
- Patients range in age from newborns to teenagers. Consider all ages when bringing toys or gifts.
- Latex items, including balloons and toys, are not allowed in the hospital.
- Some handmade items can be accepted. Please review our guidelines for handmade items below.
Ready to donate an item?
Purchase our most-needed items from the list below and schedule a drop-off time, or visit our Amazon WishList and have your donation delivered directly to Norton Children’s Hospital. A detailed wish list by unit or playroom is available by request. Call the foundation at (502) 629-8060 or email email@example.com for more information.
Schedule a Drop-off
Contact one of the following departments to arrange a donation drop-off appointment:
Louisville East End drop-off
Norton Children’s Hospital Foundation office: (502) 629-8060 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Norton Children’s Hospital downtown drop-off
Norton Children’s Hospital volunteer office: (502) 629-6122
Large Donation Drop-off
For larger donations, such as those that would fill more than two wagons, contact the Child Life and Expressive Therapies Department: (502) 629-7542
All donors who drop off items will be asked to complete and submit a Norton Children’s Hospital Foundation gift in-kind form as a record of the donation.
Guidelines for Handmade Items
Our patients love to receive handmade items such as no-sew fleece tie blankets. If you are considering a handcrafted gift, please use the guidelines below to determine if your item fits our safety standards and current needs.
- All handmade items must be made with new materials in a smoke-free and pet-free home.
- Prior to delivery, handmade items must be washed and dried on a high heat setting to kill any potential germs. Germ-free items must be bagged individually in large plastic zip-top bags.
- Items that cannot be cleaned and bagged, such as homemade cards, cannot be accepted and distributed to patients.
- Items with small parts that can fall off or break or present a choking hazard, such as handmade jewelry or plush toys with buttons, are not allowed.
- We currently are accepting very small crocheted hats for our premature babies in the neonatal intensive care unit. Thanks to the generosity of many donors, we do not need hats for other children or teens at this time.
Call the foundation at (502) 629-8060 or email email@example.com with any questions, to obtain plastic bags or for more specific guidance about handmade items.
For more information
Call Norton Children’s Hospital Foundation
When was the last time your child saw their pediatrician? Norton Children’s practices and facilities have resumed all services as before the coronavirus outbreak, while taking extra precautions to keep you and your child safer. […]Read Full Story
Rodney Lambert purchased a Norton Children’s Hospital Home & BMW Raffle ticket in his wife’s name last year. Before he had a chance to tell her about the ticket, she won the first early prize […]Read Full Story