Donate an Item
While monetary gifts are the most useful to the hospital and can be used to purchase items most in need, we do accept other donations. These may include toys, art supplies and gift cards. See below for details on donating items to the hospital.
Some Things You Need to Know Before Donating an Item
- All donations are tax deductible through the Norton Children’s Hospital Foundation. Call the foundation at (502) 629-8060 for more information.
- Avoid toys that could present a choking hazard, have sharp pieces or fall apart easily.
- Because of the hospital’s infection control policy, stuffed/cloth toys must be new. All items must be in good condition and free from wear.
- Patients range in age from newborns to teenagers. Consider all ages when bringing toys or gifts.
- Make sure all toys for hospital/playroom use are washable. No cloth items or toys are allowed for general hospital use.
- Latex items are not allowed in the hospital. This includes balloons and toys made of latex products.
Ready to Donate an Item? Here Is Our Wish List
Visit our Amazon Wish List to purchase an item, then schedule a drop-off time to be delivered to Norton Children’s Hospital.
Schedule a Drop-Off
New donations can be dropped off weekdays between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. in the lobby of Norton Children’s Hospital at 231 E. Chestnut St., Louisville, KY 40202. To arrange a drop-off time, contact the Child Life and Expressive Therapy Department at (502) 629-7542. Your name, address and phone number should be attached to your donation.
Ways to Help
When your child is sick, you want to do everything you can to help him or her feel better. The cold-and-flu aisle can be a minefield for parents of children with Type 1 or Type […]Read Full Story