Norton Children’s Hospital, in conjunction with the Kentucky Commission for Children with Special Health Care Needs, is offering a spina bifida clinic just for kids and their families seeking coordinated care and education.
The Norton Children’s Hospital Spina Bifida Clinic brings together pediatric neurosurgeons, orthopedic and spine surgeons, urologists, gynecologists, and physical and occupational therapists to provide a team approach to care. All care and support services can be received in the same day, in one location.
This approach provides the best opportunity for children to receive care geared toward their individual health care needs from specialists working together to help them continue to grow and flourish.
Our goal is simple — we want to help your child stay healthy, be independent and become confident in his or her abilities, while providing support to your family and caregivers in the most convenient way possible. We hope that by fitting all of your visits into one day, this clinic will allow you to spend more quality time with your family and allow for easier access to your child’s health care providers.
The clinic team includes
- Pediatric neurosurgeons, who perform initial surgery and continue to monitor the spinal cord and brain.
- Pediatric urologists, who work to protect kidney function, manage incontinence and specialize in the urinary tract and bowel function.
- Pediatric orthopedists and spine surgeons, who specialize in issues with the bones and spinal column.
- Pediatric and adolescent gynecologists, who aid in preparing girls and their families for puberty and ensuring pelvic health.
- Staff members from the Commission for Children with Special Health Care Needs, who coordinate additional care resources, including nutrition consults and social support as needed.
Spina Bifida Clinic
Norton Medical Plaza II – Brownsboro, Suite 205
9880 Angies Way
Louisville, KY 40241
(502) 559-SBAK (7225)
Jointly provided by: