Norton Children’s Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Services
Norton Children’s oral and maxillofacial surgeons treat conditions that affect the mouth, jaw and facial structures in children and teens. We offer routine and specialized care for children.
Oral and Maxillofacial Conditions and Services
- Cleft palate (bone grafting for cleft upper jaw and correction of jaw size deformities)
- Complex trauma
- Congenital facial and jaw deformities, including temporomandibular joint (TMJ)
- Facial and jaw bone fracture repair (injury to the jaw or face, including the cheekbones, nose and bones around the eye)
- Fractured teeth
- Maxillofacial infections
- Odontogenic cysts and tumors
- Oral lesions in newborns
- Oral pathology
- Oral trauma
- Orthognathic surgery (jaw surgery)
- Single tooth replacement
- Sinus lift
- Supernumerary teeth and mesiodens
- Tooth extraction
- TMJ surgery
- Wisdom teeth removal
Collaboration with UofL Physicians for Your Child’s Care
We work with providers from UofL Physicians to offer highly skilled care for your child. Norton Children’s Hospital serves as the primary pediatric teaching facility for the University of Louisville School of Medicine. These doctors are professors and active researchers helping to advance medical care through clinical research and education.
The Norton Children’s Difference
The care your child needs is close to home at Norton Children’s. With a 125-year presence in Louisville, Norton Children’s is a leader in pediatric care across Kentucky and Southern Indiana, providing an expanded footprint that includes:
- Norton Children’s Hospital– The region’s only full-service, free-standing pediatric hospital and Louisville’s only Level I Pediatric Trauma Center. Norton Children’s Hospital also has one of the largest Level IV (highest level) neonatal intensive care units in the country.
- Numerous regional outpatient centersand extensive pediatricianand pediatric specialistoffices throughout the area.
- Norton Women’s & Children’s Hospital– The only women’s hospital in Louisville, providing care dedicated to the needs of women and children.
- Norton Children’s Medical Center– A unique regional outpatient facility designed “Just for Kids,” bringing pediatric care to northeastern Jefferson County and the surrounding area.
Norton Children’s offers specialized programs and services, including:
- Norton Children’s Cancer Institute, affiliated with the University of Louisville, and the Addison Jo Blair Cancer Care Center, which is one of the oldest oncology programs continuously accredited by the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer.
- Norton Children’s Heart & Vascular Institute, affiliated with the University of Louisville, a pioneer in pediatric cardiothoracic surgery. Norton Children’s heart surgeons performed Kentucky’s first heart transplant in a newborn in 1986, making the hospital the second site in the United States for infant transplants. Norton Children’s Hospital will be home to the Jennifer Lawrence Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (expected completion in 2019).
- Pediatric neurology and neurosurgery, including a Level 4 epilepsy center
- Orthopedic surgery and rehabilitation
- The Wendy Novak Diabetes Center
Norton Children’s Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Call for Information
In Eli Alexander’s 23 months of life, he has overcome a congenital heart defect with the help of a heart transplant. His family has taken to comparing his strength and bravery to an elephant’s. It […]Read Full Story
Nicole Pendino has a courageous son. In fact, his nickname is “Courageous Clay.” Many members of his hometown community in Bowling Green, Kentucky, have rallied around him over the past 12 years. In 2017 when […]Read Full Story
We love babies of all kinds at Norton Children’s. Mikki, the Louisville Zoo’s 33-year-old African elephant, gave birth Aug. 2 to a bull calf. Mikki’s pregnancy lasted 22 months (651 days). The soon-to-be named calf […]Read Full Story