Norton Children’s Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Services
Norton Children’s oral and maxillofacial surgeons treat conditions that affect the mouth, jaw and facial structures in children and teens. We offer routine and specialized care for children.
Oral and Maxillofacial Conditions and Services
- Cleft palate (bone grafting for cleft upper jaw and correction of jaw size deformities)
- Complex trauma
- Congenital facial and jaw deformities, including temporomandibular joint (TMJ)
- Facial and jaw bone fracture repair (injury to the jaw or face, including the cheekbones, nose and bones around the eye)
- Fractured teeth
- Maxillofacial infections
- Odontogenic cysts and tumors
- Oral lesions in newborns
- Oral pathology
- Oral trauma
- Orthognathic surgery (jaw surgery)
- Single tooth replacement
- Sinus lift
- Supernumerary teeth and mesiodens
- Tooth extraction
- TMJ surgery
- Wisdom teeth removal
Collaboration with UofL Physicians for Your Child’s Care
We work with providers from UofL Physicians to offer highly skilled care for your child. Norton Children’s Hospital serves as the primary pediatric teaching facility for the University of Louisville School of Medicine. These doctors are professors and active researchers helping to advance medical care through clinical research and education.
The Norton Children’s Difference
The care your child needs is close to home at Norton Children’s. With a 125-year presence in Louisville, Norton Children’s is a leader in pediatric care across Kentucky and Southern Indiana, providing an expanded footprint that includes:
- Norton Children’s Hospital– The region’s only full-service, free-standing pediatric hospital and Louisville’s only Level I Pediatric Trauma Center. Norton Children’s Hospital also has one of the largest Level IV (highest level) neonatal intensive care units in the country.
- Numerous regional outpatient centersand extensive pediatricianand pediatric specialistoffices throughout the area.
- Norton Women’s & Children’s Hospital– The only women’s hospital in Louisville, providing care dedicated to the needs of women and children.
- Norton Children’s Medical Center– A unique regional outpatient facility designed “Just for Kids,” bringing pediatric care to northeastern Jefferson County and the surrounding area.
Norton Children’s offers specialized programs and services, including:
- Norton Children’s Cancer Institute, affiliated with the University of Louisville, and the Addison Jo Blair Cancer Care Center, which is one of the oldest oncology programs continuously accredited by the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer.
- Norton Children’s Heart & Vascular Institute, affiliated with the University of Louisville, a pioneer in pediatric cardiothoracic surgery. Norton Children’s heart surgeons performed Kentucky’s first heart transplant in a newborn in 1986, making the hospital the second site in the United States for infant transplants. Norton Children’s Hospital will be home to the Jennifer Lawrence Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (expected completion in 2019).
- Pediatric neurology and neurosurgery, including a Level 4 epilepsy center
- Orthopedic surgery and rehabilitation
- The Wendy Novak Diabetes Center
Norton Children’s Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Call for Information
Hey there! My name is Eleanor and I’m 8 years old. I love drawing and art. I also really like to play with Legos with my little sister. I’m in the second grade, and the […]Read Full Story
Your child has an accident and your pediatrician’s office is closed; or maybe you’re traveling. When your child needs emergency care, it’s tempting to go to the closest hospital or immediate care center so he […]Read Full Story
The 10th annual Bourbon & Bowties celebrated all of the event’s honorees from the past nine years. Each of these remarkable honorees represents the more than 150,000 children who receive care at Norton Children’s Hospital […]Read Full Story
Walmart Inc. has announced it will commit the next $3 million it raises in the Louisville area to support the Norton Children’s Hospital “Just for Kids” Critical Care Center. This amount, which will be given […]Read Full Story