Health educators from Norton Children’s Prevention & Wellness offer wellness workshops in your health and physical education classroom, after-school events or summer programs.
- Growing up Great:
- Puberty and Hygiene: Fourth- and fifth-graders
- Girl Talk: Fourth- and fifth-grade girls
- Boy Talk: Fourth- and fifth-grade boys
- Teen Talk: Ninth-graders and above
- Youth Making Smart Choices (middle school): Based on the National Institutes of Health’s “Media Smart Youth,” this program helps students recognize how media influences their health and decision-making.
- Teen wellness workshops (high school): Peer education can support young people in developing positive group norms and in making healthy decisions. This series empowers your students to become voices in your school to encourage healthy behaviors and decision-making. Workshops are offered as a four-part series, including Youth Making Smart Choices, Pedestrian Safety, Mental Health and Well-being, concluded by a peer-led wellness campaign project.
- All About Stress: Tools to reduce stress (middle and high school)
- Open Airways (third through fifth grade): This program from the American Lung Association is a school-based asthma education series for students with asthma. Students learn asthma management, including avoiding triggers, recognizing warning signs and solving problems related to their asthma and asthma care. The Open Airways curriculum consists of six 40-minute group lessons.
- 5-2-1-0 Assembly (kindergarten through second grade): Interactive assembly program teaches students important tips to becoming healthy and safe superheroes. Focused on the 5-2-1-0 rule and safety education, students join Nikki Nutrition on a superhero’s journey toward health!
The 5-2-1-0 rule:
- 5 or more fruits and vegetables each day
- 2 hours or less of screen time
- 1 hour or more of physical activity
- 0 sugary drinks
Call for More Information
Norton Children’s Prevention & Wellness, with support from Kohl’s Cares, offers wellness workshops and classes for the whole family throughout the year. Our wellness specialists team up with community organizations like Healthy House and Shively […]Read Full Story
Hey there! My name is Eleanor and I’m 8 years old. I love drawing and art. I also really like to play with Legos with my little sister. I’m in the second grade, and the […]Read Full Story
Your child has an accident and your pediatrician’s office is closed; or maybe you’re traveling. When your child needs emergency care, it’s tempting to go to the closest hospital or immediate care center so he […]Read Full Story