Children & Hospitals Week Registration Form
Building Healthy Heroes
February 24-28, 2020
Field trip details:
- Registration: Opens Monday, Dec. 2, 2019
- Location: Louisville Slugger Field
- Cost: Free! Schools must cover transportation.
- Transportation: Schools are responsible for coordinating their own transportation. Jefferson Transportation is offering a special rate of $175 for the field trip and can stay later than school buses. Call (502) 614-7269.
- Lunch: Lunch areas are not available; make alternative plans for lunch. Have a snack before boarding the bus, and eat a sack lunch at a park or classroom after the field trip.
For more information and questions, contact Norton Children’s Prevention & Wellness at (502) 629-7358.
Norton Children’s Heart Institute’s Owensboro location treats children with heart defects close to home
It all started with a routine ultrasound. Chelsea Rusher, who was pregnant with her son, Baylor, was getting a 20-week anatomy scan. During the scan, the provider noticed a complication: It appeared the baby would […]Read Full Story
When Regina-Riley Smith has a doctor’s appointment, it usually means having to take the entire day off from work. In order to make it to her appointment on time, she has to leave 45 minutes [...]Read Full Story
Goodwill Industries of Kentucky, Norton Healthcare break ground on $100 million Norton Healthcare Goodwill Opportunity Campus
Today, Goodwill Industries of Kentucky and Norton Healthcare broke ground on the Norton Healthcare Goodwill Opportunity Campus at 28th Street and Broadway that will include a 120,000 square-foot opportunity center and the first hospital west of Ninth Street in […]Read Full Story
When children have headaches or migraine, it is usually not necessary to make an appointment with a neurologist right away. A pediatrician often can begin treatment for a child’s headache or migraine attack, which may […]Read Full Story
Updated child developmental milestone guidelines can improve early detection of autism, developmental disabilities
What are developmental milestones? A child’s milestones, such as speaking their first word or taking their first step, can be an exciting time for parents, but these moments also serve as important clues that a […]Read Full Story