Children & Hospitals Week Teacher Information
The Children and Hospitals Week field trip will be held Feb. 26 to March 2, 2018, at Louisville Slugger Field.
- Registration will begin Monday, Nov. 27, and close Tuesday, Dec.19, 2017.
- Children and Hospitals Week is for kindergarten students only.
- Slots from 10 a.m. to noon are extremely popular and fill up quickly. The more flexibility you have (coming early or staying late), the greater chance you have of being scheduled. The more days you are available also increases the chances. We have 5,000 little visitors each year, and we do our best to schedule every school! Flexibility is the key!
- Please verify with your transportation how early you are able to arrive and how late you are able to stay before completing the registration form.
- Jefferson Transportation has agreed to offer buses for $170. In the past, buses with Jefferson Transportation have been able to stay later than regular school buses because they do not have to return for middle school runs. If you are interested in this option, call (502) 614-7269 to schedule a reservation.
Frequently asked questions
Q: How long does the field trip last?
A: The children will visit three areas — Hospital Land, Safety Ville and Wellness World — consisting of 14 stations. The field trip will last approximately 1½ hours.
Q: How much does it cost?
A: The field trip is free! The only cost you have is transportation.
Q: When will I receive a confirmation?
A: You will be notified no later than Dec. 19, 2017, of your field trip date and time. A confirmation will be sent via your indicated preferred method on the registration form. Scheduling is difficult due to the large number of requests, time constraints and transportation issues, but we will do our best!
Q: What about lunch?
A: Lunch areas are not available at the field trip. Please make alternative plans for lunch. Some schools have a snack before boarding the bus and eat a sack lunch at the park or classroom after the field trip.
For more information, call Norton Children’s Prevention & Wellness at (502) 629-7358.