Norton Children’s Hospital Splash ‘n’ Dash Walk/Run is this Saturday, Aug. 4. There’s still time to register online — or you can register the morning of the race. No matter if you’re running the 5k or the 1k family fun run, here are tips to help get you ready for race day.
Days before the race
- Keep an eye out for emails with important race-day information. You’ll be reminded about packet pickup start time and more.
- Check traffic and parking. Parking will be available at various locations around Waterfront Park. View the parking and trolley map for more details.
- Check the course route. Splash ‘n’ Dash will take place on the Big Four Lawn at Waterfront Park.
Norton Children’s Hospital Splash ‘n’Dash Walk/Run
Saturday, Aug. 4, 2018
5k begins at 9 a.m. • 1k begins at 10 a.m.
Louisville Waterfront Park • Big Four Lawn
Friday, Aug. 3, 5 to 8 p.m., Louisville Waterfront Park, Big Four Lawn
Saturday, Aug. 4, beginning at 8 a.m.
The night before the race
- Dinner is even more important than breakfast on race day. Make sure you or your kids have a well-balanced dinner of lean protein and carbohydrates. Hydration also is important, so stick with water or milk instead of sugary and caffeinated drinks.
- Check the weather. It’s going to be hot, so plan what you or your child will wear accordingly.
- Lay clothes out the night before. This step can help ease stress in the morning.
- Remember, you will get wet. Plan to wear shoes that can handle moisture, and do not skip socks. Choose tops and shorts that wick away moisture and don’t become heavy and stretched when wet. A bathing suit or trunks are OK, as long as they support you in all the right places!
- Pack a change of clothes if you want to enjoy the rest of the event in dry attire.
- Give yourself plenty of time. Schedule your morning to give yourself time get ready, eat, hydrate and travel to the start line. You will want to eat first thing, and then take water (and a snack if you think you’ll need one) with you to have a few minutes before the start.
Review your start time. Splash ‘n’ Dash will have wave start times to allow advanced, intermediate and beginners to start in individual groups. Your start time will be provided during packet pickup.