Kids will sweat a little this summer at the second annual COOL Kids Tri on Saturday, June 10.
The event is for ages 6-14 and includes a swim, bike and run. Age groups are split between 6-8, 9-11 and 12-14 with event distances varying by age groups. The triathlon begins and ends at Mary T. Meagher Aquatic Center.
Each child will receive a T-shirt, finisher medal, official race bib and swim cap, and will have an opportunity to win an award during a postrace celebration. Just like in Olympic and sprint distances, participants will be body marked, wear official chip timers and race a course with professional equipment and a music system.
Not a swimmer? A duathlon option is available; the swimming leg is substituted with an additional running leg.
- All kids will start at 10 a.m.
- Children 6 to 8 will swim 50 meters, bike 1.5 kilometers and run 1 kilometer.
- The 9 to 11 year olds will swim 100 meters, bike 3 kilometers and run 2 kilometers.
- Youngsters 12 to 14 will swim 200 meters, bike 5 kilometers and run 3 kilometers.
- Early-bird registration (ends April 30) – First child: $20; each additional child: $10
- Registration (including race day) – First child: $25; each additional child: $15