The fine print
The Festival of Trees & Lights reserves the right to refuse any object that violates design standards established by the design committee. These standards will be given to you when you receive your greenery. They include the ideals of tasteful, family-oriented displays that do not mix or merge religious or cultural imagery.
On the day you drop off or decorate on-site your items, your trees, wreaths, other greenery and all accompanying decorations, materials and gift items become the property of the Festival of Trees & Lights. Items are priced to sell at the highest value that can be obtained at this family-oriented fundraiser, which may not be the same value that could be obtained at a craft fair or private sale. Prices are subject to change over the course of the festival. Designers may suggest a retail value, but the final price and pricing changes are determined solely by the festival chairs.
Plan to pick up your item(s) for decoration on the designated pickup day. If an item is not picked up or other arrangements are not made, the item is not guaranteed and may be assigned to another designer. If you choose to provide your own tree and it breaks during the event or delivery, we may contact you for a replacement.
- Leave your numbered inventory sign or tag attached to your tree, wreath or other greenery item at all times.
- Christmas-themed trees sell best. Ask yourself: “Would this tree or decoration be one I’d be proud to put in my home or business?”
- Dress the base. Provide a tree skirt to cover the base of the tree and to complete the theme of your tree.
- All trees, wreaths and greenery items are for sale. All items placed under the tree will be sold with the tree, including the tree skirt.
- Wire or hot-glue all ornaments, lights and other décor. Tuck in the wire ends carefully.
- Watch the symbols. Remember that symbols and icons from different faith traditions should not be mixed. For example, do not decorate a Christmas item with a Star of David.
- No R-rated themes. No adult themes should be used.
- Wrap lights along tree branches. For safety and longevity of tree lights, do not mix strings of lights from different manufacturers. We provide lights on trees, but you may add additional lights.
- Box for delivery. 2- and 3-foot decorated trees should be delivered in a box that can support the tree base. Mark the box clearly with your tree number (example: 208, 346).
- Because Christmas trees aren’t designed to be transported, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Hot-glue the metal ornament cap onto each ornament. Wire all ornaments, garland and other decorations onto the tree.
- Avoid decorations with sharp edges. If you do use some, include special packing instructions when turning in your item.
- Trees must fit through a regular-size doorway. If your tree breaks during delivery, we may need your help to repair it.
- If you choose to provide your own tree, and it breaks during the event or delivery, we may contact you for a replacement.
Festival of Trees & Lights
Nov. 15 to 17, 2019
401 E. Main St.
A new study shows a large increase in the number of American women with chronic high blood pressure during pregnancy: an average of 6% each year over the 40 years of the study. “High blood […]Read Full Story
Before he was born, Schielar Skaggs’ parents, Terry and Melissa, worried about the life their son would have. Would he survive childbirth? If he did, would his life be short and filled with suffering and […]Read Full Story