The fine print
The Festival of Trees & Lights reserves the right to refuse any object that violates design standards established by the design committee. These standards will be given to you when you receive your greenery. They include the ideals of tasteful, family-oriented displays that do not mix or merge religious or cultural imagery.
Upon drop-off or date of decoration, trees, wreaths, other greenery and all accompanying decorations, materials or gift items become the property of the Festival of Trees & Lights. Items are priced to sell at the highest value that can be obtained at this family-oriented fundraiser, which may not be the same value that could be obtained at a craft fair or private sale. Prices are subject to change over the course of the festival. Designers may suggest a retail value, but final price and pricing changes are determined solely by festival chairmen.
Plan to pick up your item(s) for decoration on the designated pickup day. If an item is not picked up or other arrangements are not made, the item is not guaranteed and may be assigned to another designer. If you choose to provide your own tree and it breaks during the event or delivery, we may contact you for a replacement.
- Leave your numbered inventory tag attached to your tree or wreath at all times.
- Christmas-themed trees sell best. Ask yourself: “Would this tree or wreath be one I’d be proud to put in my home or business?”
- Dress the base. Provide a tree skirt to cover the base of the tree and to complete the theme of your tree.
- All trees and wreaths are for sale. All items placed under the tree will be sold with the tree, including the tree skirt.
- Wire or hot glue all ornaments, lights and other décor. Tuck in the wire ends carefully.
- Watch the symbols. Remember that symbols or icons from different faith traditions should not be mixed. For example, do not decorate a Christmas item with a Star of David.
- No R-rated themes. No adult themes should be used.
- Wrap lights along tree branches. For safety and longevity of tree lights, do not mix strings of lights from different manufacturers. We provide lights on trees, but you may add additional lights.
- Box for delivery. Two- and 3-foot decorated trees should be delivered in a box that can support the tree base. Mark the box clearly with your tree number (example: 208, 346).
- Because Christmas trees aren’t designed to be transported, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Hot glue the metal ornament cap onto each ornament. Wire all ornaments, garland and other decorations onto the tree.
- Avoid decorations with sharp edges. If you do use some, include special packing instructions when turning in your item.
- Trees must fit through a regular-size doorway. If your tree breaks during delivery, we may need your help to repair it.
- If you choose to provide your own tree, and it breaks during the event or delivery, we may contact you for a replacement.